• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

St. Bonaventure Game Thread - Deacs win 77-62 off to 9-2 start

I think I found a coach I wouldn't trade Bzzz for, whoever that analyst was.

I like being 9-2 but let's not kid ourselves that Richmond and St. Bonaventure are big wins. We don't suck but we are going to have a tough year in conference. But I will admit this is Bz's best team. I'm not sure what that means, but there you have it.

Contract extension for Bz likely...

Don't see us beating Xavier away. First true road game of the season, and Xavier just beat #58 Cincinnati by 27. Looks like 10-3 heading into conference play.

Nice job by Bz sitting CMM at the long St. Bon Timeout at 9min mark. Coupled w/ the under 8 soon after CMM was able to sit for 8-10 minutes with only 1-2 min game action. Bz should be tactical about that kind of stuff in ACC play so CMM can get 35min/game.

Yeah I imagine we'll be around a 5 point underdog to Xavier.

We'll drub UNCG. Should be high scoring too. Only home game I get to this year I believe. Might make it to the BC or Clemson home games in February.

2nd half was good. Loved that he cut down on the subs. Hopefully we start to see a consistent rotation going forward.

Last edited:
Yeah I imagine we'll be around a 5 point underdog to Xavier.

We'll drub UNCG. Should be high scoring too. Only home game I get to this year I believe. Might make it to the BC or Clemson home games in February.

Xavier is going to be interesting. They're not very good, but Semaj Christon might be tougher for our guards to contain - on both ends of the floor - than anybody we've seen yet (Kansas and Tennessee included)

I'm happy for the players. They do fight like hell. I admire their effort.

Strong 2nd half.
I know this wasn't against top competition, but I'll take definitely take it
Good luck against X

So, pardon me if this is sacrilege, but these teams remind me a bit of Roy's Carolina teams: they're not really executing anything, but are getting by in transition and on raw talent.

Granted, the talent differential is going to shift in the other direction come ACC play, but I'm fairly sure that whatever we're doing right now is happening independent of any sort of gameplan on the offensive end of the floor.

I thought the same thing walking out tonight. We were much better in the second half getting out in transition. We pushed the tempo in the second half and it paid off.

2nd have was good. Loved that he cut down on the subs. Hopefully we start to see a consistent rotation going forward.

But we have so much depth... I thought that was our strength?

speaking of what this team would look like with a new coaching staff, Whichita ST vs Alabama is on ESPU in a minute. Id take either bench in that game.

Last edited:
But we have so much depth... I thought that was our strength?
That depth thing was such horseshit. Miles can't play. Tree can't play. Madison makes so many stupid decisions. Moto is wildly inconsistent. We are so top-heavy.

Yes the depth comments were always ridiculous.

Miles and Tree aren't bad. Tree is a good glue guy, Madison is a backup PG, and Miles is a freshman.

We never had depth. For any informed basketball consumer that was obvious.

Sorry, I don't think Tree and Miles will ever amount to much for us. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Back