• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star News blogger thinks BuzzOut should back off

Well he's not Bzz-in he just says that it doesn't matter what we are because he's not going anywhere.

The "Ron Wellman's Cock" comment probably sent him over the edge. It said that Brett had soft lips.

Some type of gathering for the Battle 4 Atlantis next season

That makes me feel better. Not like Enfield, Self and Wright made plans to hang with the Bzzz.

Though that also would mean there were four other coaches they could've hung with instead :(

Brett: Look up the definition of fan since you profess to be a writer. If we weren't all Wake Forest fans here, we wouldn't give a f**k with what has happened to our flagship sport. But we do give a f**k because we are fans and we do care.

copied from the comments

June 6th, 2013 4:05 pm

Helping Hand

Mr. Friedlander, your premise and conclusion, are both extremely simplistic – continued criticism of the Wake Forest basketball program hurts current players, therefore if you continue to criticize Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted], you aren’t supporting current players/you are hurting current players.

Mr. Friedlander, you’ve either failed to consider and left out or are intentionally excluding how Messrs. Wellman and [Redacted] have hurt/thrown mud on recent (now Wake Forest graduates or graduates of the Wake basketball program now in the NBA) Wake Forest basketball players in order to misdirect attention from their own failure or how that hurts current Wake Forest players, how Jeff [Redacted] has routinely thrown current Wake Forest basketball players under the bus using them as scapegoats for his own failure or how that hurts current players, and how retaining the worst coach and worst recruiter in Wake Forest basketball history hurts both current players and future players.

What is clear however, Mr. Friedlander, is that you have egregiously mischaracterized the #BuzzOut Movement and the #WellmanOut billboard in bad faith by name-calling. When you called the #BuzzOut/#WellmanOut Movement irrational and narcissistic, you engaged in unwarranted personal attacks. I don’t believe in personal attacks upon you or by you, but acting as if you’re an uninvolved victim is shameful.

The premise of the #BuzzOut Movement has been based on the fact that literally thousands of Wake Forest alumni and fans have written letters, e-mails, and made phone calls to the Wake Forest Athletic Department to ask for answers and accountability, but, to this date, not one person has received a response from either Ron Wellman or anyone else in the Wake Forest Athletic Department (however we have been told to shut up by Ron Wellman in TV and print interviews with the Winston-Salem Journal and do receive form letters from the Wake Forest A.D. asking for donations).

To wit, the point of the #BuzzOut Movement and the #WellmanOut billboard is to call attention to a proud basketball program’s gross mismanagement and its devastating impact on the legacies of beloved past Wake Forest players, current WF players, and future WF players + an unprecedented lack of institutional responsibility to the historically most meek alumni and fanbase in the ACC.

I hope this helped.

This is an excellent retort. Pos Rep to whomever wrote it.

I e-mailed him a one liner asking him how much Ron Wellman paid him to write that propaganda piece, and he responded within 30 minutes with the following. He is either very sensitive, not used to getting much feedback from his columns, or both.

The attitude of your email and many others like them astounds me. Did you read the column? Not once did I defend either Wellman or [Redacted]. All I said is that you're stuck with them at least through the end of next season. Nothing is going to change that, especially putting pressure on administration with public displays such as roadside billboards. So why not support the kids that wear the uniform of the school you say you love until the time comes when a change can or will be made? Shoot the messenger if you like, but it is counterproductive to the program and your school to take steps you know are detrimental to their success (whether you like the current coach and AD or not).

If that's what you call propaganda, then so be it.

He deleted my comment and it wasn't even that bad. What a blubbering vagina. Wonder if Ty Kraniak can get an internship there...

So, he goes out on a limb an says Wellman and Bzz are safe through this season? That's some serious journalism.

copied from the comments

June 6th, 2013 4:05 pm

Helping Hand

Mr. Friedlander, your premise and conclusion, are both extremely simplistic – continued criticism of the Wake Forest basketball program hurts current players, therefore if you continue to criticize Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted], you aren’t supporting current players/you are hurting current players.

Mr. Friedlander, you’ve either failed to consider and left out or are intentionally excluding how Messrs. Wellman and [Redacted] have hurt/thrown mud on recent (now Wake Forest graduates or graduates of the Wake basketball program now in the NBA) Wake Forest basketball players in order to misdirect attention from their own failure or how that hurts current Wake Forest players, how Jeff [Redacted] has routinely thrown current Wake Forest basketball players under the bus using them as scapegoats for his own failure or how that hurts current players, and how retaining the worst coach and worst recruiter in Wake Forest basketball history hurts both current players and future players.

What is clear however, Mr. Friedlander, is that you have egregiously mischaracterized the #BuzzOut Movement and the #WellmanOut billboard in bad faith by name-calling. When you called the #BuzzOut/#WellmanOut Movement irrational and narcissistic, you engaged in unwarranted personal attacks. I don’t believe in personal attacks upon you or by you, but acting as if you’re an uninvolved victim is shameful.

The premise of the #BuzzOut Movement has been based on the fact that literally thousands of Wake Forest alumni and fans have written letters, e-mails, and made phone calls to the Wake Forest Athletic Department to ask for answers and accountability, but, to this date, not one person has received a response from either Ron Wellman or anyone else in the Wake Forest Athletic Department (however we have been told to shut up by Ron Wellman in TV and print interviews with the Winston-Salem Journal and do receive form letters from the Wake Forest A.D. asking for donations).

To wit, the point of the #BuzzOut Movement and the #WellmanOut billboard is to call attention to a proud basketball program’s gross mismanagement and its devastating impact on the legacies of beloved past Wake Forest players, current WF players, and future WF players + an unprecedented lack of institutional responsibility to the historically most meek alumni and fanbase in the ACC.

I hope this helped.

This is an excellent retort. Pos Rep to whomever wrote it.

That peanut laden excrement was written by a law student/recent lawyer

TO WIT!!

Back