• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars Mafia - Day 7 ends 1030am

You are Darth Maul (mafia).

You are Darth Maul, badass wielder of the double-bladed lightsaber. Being a man of few words, you are only permitted to post a maximum of ten times in any given round, excluding posts where you are only voting or changing a vote. Twice at night, you can elect to challenge a player to a lightsaber duel. Because of your proficiency, you will have a 7 in 10 odds to win and kill whoever you duel. This will be RNG’d in chat. If you lose the duel, you will die. If you challenge Luke to a duel, you will lose. If you challenge Qui-Gon, you will win.

I don't think his role's been posted yet

Darth Maul's kids are out of school. As a result, Maul may not duel or post until his children are attended to. Don't forget to wipe their noses, Sith Lord.

I don't know I felt bad for missing the first day. I checked before i left work that day and it wasn't posted. EAgles let me in last minute too. I have to take my daughter to school on Tuesdays so I don't get to workuntil the round ended, of course I was mafia too. I get to mafia chat and redwing was like well we're screwed

Nah, I just wanted you to say it, to see if anyone countered. Honestly, the biggest problem there is that we were never told that Jabba's role was partially redacted, which I thiiiiink was a mod mistake. If I had known that, I never would have questioned you at all. I remember thinking at one point that the only characters who made sense in that role were Lando and Jabba, but since Jabba was dead, maf must have had someone else I was missing for it.

Also, I decided about halfway through that day that I was going to make a late push for manning. When he started getting heat, I sat back and waited to attempt a killshot. He looked so dirty when I started the push for you.

Mostly to gauge reaction. I wasn't joking about ignoring toogs, though. I think he's a fairly consistent game ruiner and genuinely poor civ. Judging by recent rep and by past mod chats, I'm not alone in those thoughts.

I don't think you'd kill Knight N1. I also thought I remembered you throwing shade at rommy or gouda a while back. Might've misremembered that though. Did you make the call on those hits, or did manning? Genuinely curious

I was shocked when Jabba wasn't my counter

Unless you mean for missing action, I take issue with any thought that I am a game ruiner. I feel bad when I miss rounds and am hoping to be better about it, but I'm far from alone in that. Look at this whole game.

I don't have the roles in front of me for Kylo or Trade Fed since they're on my computer.

Kylo had the ability to search for Luke and gave maf a global one shot BPV. Neither of those things would've mattered with Luke dying and Fett making no hits.

Trade Federation would've given Empire use of their fleet. Would've defeated Ackbar's sneak attack which could've had a big benefit had it been used. There was another part of the role but I'd have to review the write-up.

Last edited:
Redwing had a posting restriction too though

lol redwing having a posting restriction of 10 max per day is about as restrictive as limiting squirrels to flights of no higher than 1000 feet.

You are Darth Maul (mafia).

You are Darth Maul, badass wielder of the double-bladed lightsaber. Being a man of few words, you are only permitted to post a maximum of ten times in any given round, excluding posts where you are only voting or changing a vote. Twice at night, you can elect to challenge a player to a lightsaber duel. Because of your proficiency, you will have a 7 in 10 odds to win and kill whoever you duel. This will be RNG’d in chat. If you lose the duel, you will die. If you challenge Luke to a duel, you will lose. If you challenge Qui-Gon, you will win.
lol at using a 10 post/day posting restriction to explain why he only made 1.3 posts/day for the first 7 days of the game

Vader's redacted part let him steal the message sent from C3PO/R2D2 one night since he built C3PO.

maybe he misread it and thought he could only post 10 times in the entire game?

I was very close to making Jar Jar an option for the emperor to pick with the whole Jar Jar = Sith Lord thing but I wanted to get the game going so I scrapped it.

Yes, I completely misread Redwings role. I thought it was ten times total, since he put in the part about votes and vote changes didn't add to the count. Looking back on that, I was way off.

would people be free to play another game next week?

would people be free to play another game next week?

Prolly not me.

I am going to start writing soon. I'm hoping I'll have Chatzy back at work. Otherwise, I might try powering through with only PMs for mod communication.

Let me clarify - I'll be around and happy to play if we need numbers. I'm not going to be sitting in front of a computer all day, so my availability is somewhere between normal and Diego.

Not me, though I'd be glad to play one in January once school starts back up.

And my posting restriction had absolutely no bearing on my play. I did think it was funny, though.

Back