• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Star Wars thread (Rise of Skywalker out this week)

Keri Russell is out of a lot of peoples' leagues, but Oscar Isaac? Oscar Isaac is a good looking dude.

Bruh. That’s Keri Russell. She cut her hair and it was a national controversy before social media really existed.

Last edited:
Yeah. J.J. Abrams loves his people.

Keri Russell is out of a lot of peoples' leagues, but Oscar Isaac? Oscar Isaac is a good looking dude.

Defends oscar's attractiveness but kills the movie details. Just trying to follow any lines in the sand.

And this is the [hor]crux of it for ELC. JJ goes to great lengths to please the alt righties who hated TLJ, but he's not fooling ELC. ELC saw the lesbian kiss and something that made him say "toxic masculinity" and it's game over.

He's right. It was a stupid add in as a quick throwaway to placate the alphabet soup crowd who wanted so much more out of any of the myriad combinations of characters during the trilogy.

He's right. It was a stupid add in as a quick throwaway to placate the alphabet soup crowd who wanted so much more out of any of the myriad combinations of characters during the trilogy.

LOL. I don’t remember this massive outcry for trivial LGBTQ+ representation in Star Wars. Hell LGBTQ+ advocates are more upset about it than ELC is.

On a related note, there are rumors that Disney+ is doing a show based on Doctor Aphra, an lesbian “morally questionable, criminal archaeologist” who works for Vader. She’s from a Marvel Star Wars comic so it’s a collaboration.

https://www.slashfilm.com/secret-star-wars-show/

There was talk that Disney+ would bring back Vader so this may be how.

Defends oscar's attractiveness but kills the movie details. Just trying to follow any lines in the sand.

I mean, if you can answer any one of the eleventy badillion questions I have with the plotting or pacing or basic fucking storytelling attempted in this movie, I'm all ears.

So fucking what? It's a quarter of a second of a two hour movie. But worth it to see the alt right reaction, I guess.

I mean, if you can answer any one of the eleventy badillion questions I have with the plotting or pacing or basic fucking storytelling attempted in this movie, I'm all ears.

It was a joke but if you have eleven badillion questions you should probably hit a theater that serves drinks and calm down my friend. Plenty of problems with the movie but it was fun. Life is too short to thi k this much about a star wars movie.

In a more serious tone there are rumors that the head of Lucasfilm is... leaving. They have also said they are not going to force the trilogy thing going forward. As I said earlier the marvel people might be a good influence on fleshing out a universe. Jon Favreau has a good start on that.

I'd be happy if they installed Rion Johnson as the Feige of the Star Wars universe. There's any number of directions they could go. They could go way back in the past or way forward in the future with a series entered around a teenage "Baby Yoda." They could avoid the Jedi and Force as well.

Plenty of room to showcase force user (maybe jedi maybe not) and non force users.

Johnson would be a terrible choice for that. Favreau could work if he was interested.

It was a joke but if you have eleven badillion questions you should probably hit a theater that serves drinks and calm down my friend. Plenty of problems with the movie but it was fun. Life is too short to thi k this much about a star wars movie.

lol

okay

glad your seven year old was able to follow along !

He’s right that Keri Russell is out of Poe’s league. She’s out of a lot of people’s leagues. That was a funny bit and a nice mini lesson in consent that probably won’t trigger the incels.

I thought that scene was eyeroll inducing and totally unrealistic. She gave him her most prized possession and risked her life in an epic battle to defeat authoritarian evil in the universe, and they aren't even going to hug each other?

She never struck me as a hugger. Plenty of people don’t like to hug.

LOL. I don’t remember this massive outcry for trivial LGBTQ+ representation in Star Wars. Hell LGBTQ+ advocates are more upset about it than ELC is.

I’m not upset about it. It was one of several dumb and unnecessary things about the movie. Even my liberal wife thought it was forced in there. That’s the problem with pandering to the insignificant portion of people who demand to see LGB representation in Star Wars, as if they are somehow further validated in knowing that gay folks exist alongside Ewoks. You aren’t going to appease most of them with a lingering kiss. They’ll want an actual subplot romance, and some won’t be happy unless Poe and Finn creampie each other’ buttholes, while a much more significant portion will be POed or just stay home after reading about it. And a still more significant portion will be bothered that Abrams/Kennedy felt the need to throw it in there at all after two and a half hours, not counting the 8 films before it. In the end, the decision was made to go with it but not really highlight it, as if that’s a winning option. It is pandering of the worst sort, and was flat out a bad idea.

i thought it was totally not a big deal. Which is how same-sex relationships should be addressed, in most contexts, in 2019. there is nothing wrong with subtly affirming a portion of the fan base. The fact that folks like ELC are butt hurt about it says much more about them than it does about the movie.

The whole thing with Finn never telling Rey what he wanted to tell her was pretty stupid though. The subplot with the Keri Russell character giving Poe (who apparently had betrayed her long ago) her most prized possession was eye rolling to me. It would have made more sense, and been more in keeping with her apparently hardened, badass criminal hacker persona, if she had said "hey here's this MacGuffin I stole from the last Imperial i murdered. Feel free to use it to get off this rock, you betraying bastard, and never let me see your face again".

She never struck me as a hugger. Plenty of people don’t like to hug.

Even people who aren't huggers would mostly hug in that circumstance. You would have to be pretty emotionally distant and detached.

Even people who aren't huggers would mostly hug in that circumstance. You would have to be pretty emotionally distant and detached.

Wow. You have a lot to learn about people. Not everybody likes physical contact like that and they shouldn’t feel forced to do so.

The kiss was a big deal in context of a movie series that’s only had a few kisses. And those kisses were set up over a specific story involving those characters. Just throwing in a lesbian kiss just to do it is just weak.

Wow. You have a lot to learn about people. Not everybody likes physical contact like that and they shouldn’t feel forced to do so.

I get that certain people aren't huggers (I have friends such as that) and their wishes should be respected. Even among that group of people, there is only a small subset that wouldn't hug in that situation.

These are two people that had an apparent physical relationship in the past and obviously care for each other. They just saved the universe, but aren't going to hug?

Nobody is being forced to do anything. It just came off as not very realistic.

Back