• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

I’m not saying people should just hang out on their phone while watching a movie. That’s rude. It was poor behavior before cell phones even had light.

I’m just saying it’s weird that people here get extremely bent out of shape by some mom checking a text from the babysitter because I don’t know how they even notice while they’re supposedly watching a movie. Not once have I ever noticed someone on their phone in a movie theater. I’m sure it happens but I’m watching the movie.

We didn’t say but seems like now is fine since people have had the whole weekend to see.

I thought it was just fine. Nice little tributes peppered throughout. Often cringeworthy. Story was a bit of a mess. I’m glad this saga is finished, and we can move on to new stories that are hopefully less sentimental to folks.

I'll never understand the rancor of some star wars fans. I guess its akin to a certain segment of sports fans. What fan base most closely resembles them? Philly teams? Recent Warrior's fans?

I'll never understand the rancor of some star wars fans. I guess its akin to a certain segment of sports fans. What fan base most closely resembles them? Philly teams? Recent Warrior's fans?

duke

my thoughts: it was a good Star Wars movie on its own merits. Better than any of the prequels for sure (IMO). My biggest beef is that just like The Force Awakens felt like a remake of A New Hope, this movie felt a lot like a remake of Return of the Jedi. But if I had never seen ROTJ, I wouldn't have that problem. Secondary beef: sending the heroes to find a MacGuffin is just lazy sci-fi/fantasy writing. Do better. No excuse for that. Also:
I'm not a fan of Rey being Palpatine's granddaughter. I think Rian Johnson was on the right track with the "anyone can be a Jedi hero" idea, and now we're back to bloodlines. Plus, nowhere in any prior canon was it ever mentioned that Palpatine had kids, so this is just dropped in from nowhere.

There’s a huge dissonance between the illicit love affair in Eps 2 and 3 and the fact all the new Jedi we know from every film inherited their mitochlorians. If Jedi are like monks and the power is inherited, how do we get more Jedi? Also the force sensitive kid was one of the best revelations of TLJ. He’s still out there. Where his parents force sensitive too? That’s at least two other possible Jedi out there.

The mitochlorians are the single dumbest thing in star wars. Worse than [gungan redacted]. I'll wear that hot take badge with honor.
Agree with the force sensitive kid. That's where future movies and the force will be able to go.

If spoilers are good there is a bit to unpack with the voices that spoke to Rey and offered her help against palpatine.

Saw that Lucasfilm will not force the trilogy trope?? Going forward. They are learning g from the Skywalker storyline. And maybe kevin feige as well.

The mitochlorians are the single dumbest thing in star wars. Worse than [gungan redacted]. I'll wear that hot take badge with honor.
Agree with the force sensitive kid. That's where future movies and the force will be able to go.

If spoilers are good there is a bit to unpack with the voices that spoke to Rey and offered her help against palpatine.

Saw that Lucasfilm will not force the trilogy trope?? Going forward. They are learning g from the Skywalker storyline. And maybe kevin feige as well.

I think an Avengers model would be really sweet. The highlight of the movie was definitely Lando and Chewie’s arrival as telegraphed as it was. How sweet would it be with some familiar faces from minor films like in End Game?

I like how they hand waved off the call for support at the end of 8 by saying no one answered but then this time when Cherie and Lando went around the galaxy in 30 minutes they got a million people.

They sure did fuck up that last scene with Lando though, huh? Apparently she was supposed to be his kidnapped daughter, but NOBODY FUCKING SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT, and it read like he was hitting on her

I like how they hand waved off the call for support at the end of 8 by saying no one answered but then this time when Cherie and Lando went around the galaxy in 30 minutes they got a million people.

that was probably the only instance of JJ going out of his way to retcon/undo TLJ that I didn't have a huge problem with, even if it was the most predictable fucking beat to have the entire goddamn galaxy show up at just the right time

I have never been more angry with a movie than with Force Ghost Luke catching his lightsaber and explaining that, actually, it's super important and powerful. dude might as well have been just looking in the camera and saying "fuck rian johnson"

the force conference call lightsaber transfer was dope as hell, though, if I'm being honest. in general, those rey/kylo scenes were probably my favorite parts of the trilogy, if only because Driver and Ridley are such good actors. I have a hard time nitpicking how logical they are, because honestly all 9 movies have treated the Force as sort of a do-anything plot device if we're being honest (though Palpatine using it to shock the entire Resistance fleet seemed kinda ridiculous)

Last edited:
Back