• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Star Wars thread (Rise of Skywalker out this week)

I’m not a movie buff like many of you are so it would be hard for me to come up with another film besides this one with questionable at best direction but I still enjoyed the film overall.

I’m not sure if there’s enough there for two films like Infinity War and Endgame but it would have benefited from another 10-15 minutes on the front end to slow down the frenetic pace. Things weirdly slowed down after the situation got desperate.

Last edited:
A friend of mine made the rather astute observation that the plot was lifted from Harry Potter.

Are doing spoilers yet?

I thought the same thing until I realized Harry Potter lifted the plot from Star Wars and many many other stories about children from humble beginnings with magic powers born to settle an ongoing struggle between good and evil going back to Superman and Jesus and well before.

Really enjoyed it, and man was crying way more than I should have been

This thread made up my mind to not see the only Star Wars movie in my life, back to A New Hope, in the theater. I'll gladly pay $25 for the UHD disc, but another $20+ to see it in a theater with seams in the screen, assholes checking their phones every five minutes lighting up the dark theater, a 15 minute+ drive, and the bullshit twist aren't worth my time. My setup at home is better, and even though I grew up on Star Wars, it's not worth it.

saw it with my boys tonight and we loved it- although I'm an easy grader on anything star wars.. It was my youngest 10th birthday so it was a cool night all around.

This thread made up my mind to not see the only Star Wars movie in my life, back to A New Hope, in the theater. I'll gladly pay $25 for the UHD disc, but another $20+ to see it in a theater with seams in the screen, assholes checking their phones every five minutes lighting up the dark theater, a 15 minute+ drive, and the bullshit twist aren't worth my time. My setup at home is better, and even though I grew up on Star Wars, it's not worth it.

That seems to be a stupid reaction to this thread, I think most really enjoyed it for what it is. And just go to a decent theater with reserved seats to generally price out the phone-checkers. Or do what I did a few years ago and take the phone out of their hand and throw it across the theater.

I’ve never understood the issue with people checking their phone during a movie. Look at the movie screen. If you look at the screen, you can’t see people’s phones.

If you have peripheral vision, you can see other screens. Regardless, you've lost this battle, most theaters specifically say not to use your phone in a movie, some theaters even have a 1 strike you're out policy. Sorry (not sorry).

If you have peripheral vision, you can see other screens. Regardless, you've lost this battle, most theaters specifically say not to use your phone in a movie, some theaters even have a 1 strike you're out policy. Sorry (not sorry).

Are people watching at theaters that don’t have elevated seating?

No wonder Ph defends, there’s no way he can go an entire movie without posting on the boards.

That seems to be a stupid reaction to this thread, I think most really enjoyed it for what it is. And just go to a decent theater with reserved seats to generally price out the phone-checkers. Or do what I did a few years ago and take the phone out of their hand and throw it across the theater.

So, checks out that you're a huge asshole in real life and not just the boards.

Star Wars thread (Rise of Skywalker out this week)

I just don’t get how a little screen in someone else’s hand can distract somebody from a huge screen in the front with what they came to see.

Are people watching at theaters that don’t have elevated seating?

New theaters with elevated seating and all the accoutrements of a new, or at least retrofitted, theater have this policy.

Small art houses with 3 screens and an old school layout have this policy too.

To mix sci-fi franchises, this has all happened before and it will all happen again.

This thread even refers to 2&2's brave confrontation with a teenager. HERO!

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...me-To-Let-Moviegoers-Text-Freely-During-Films

screens produce light, you dingus

Sure. So do the lights that direct people to the exits. But does someone’s phone produce enough light to distract from a movie screen? I’ve never stopped watching a movie because someone turned on their phone. Everybody is well below my line of sight anyway.

How do you watch TV? Can you watch during the day or with lights on in the house? Do you have some sort of light sensitivity?

I just don’t get how a little screen in someone else’s hand can distract somebody from a huge screen in the front with what they came to see.

It's not about you.

Or the person checking their phone.

Give a shit about the people around you. Oh, and maybe what they might prefer. Its 2-3-4 hours. Care about people around you.

Back