• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Sure but at its heart Lucas meant for star wars to melt kids minds. 12 or so was the target audience. I give a lot of leeway because I get to enjoy my kids watching.

Having said that I can understand wanting a more adult story. Don't necessarily mean dark or violent more nuance and storytelling.

Yeah, I’m probably missing this aspect because my kids are too young to get into it right now. Fair point.

Sure but at its heart Lucas meant for star wars to melt kids minds. 12 or so was the target audience. I give a lot of leeway because I get to enjoy my kids watching.

Having said that I can understand wanting a more adult story. Don't necessarily mean dark or violent more nuance and storytelling.

This is a good point. I remembered when the prequels came out that I tried to remind myself that the movies were for kids, not for adults. The OT came out when I was 7, 10, and 13. Then PT came out when I was 29, 32, 35. It really came full circle with the newer movies when I was able to take my son and see them through his eyes.

But I still don't like the Prequels.

yeah, this revisionism about how they're not bad/actually pretty good is ridiculous

A podcast I listened to said it was very Lucasy out of American Graffiti.

Star Wars canon has no real concept of youth culture aside from padawans and going to Tosche Station. Customized speeders and cybernetics seems like a reasonable expansion of Star Wars lore.

A podcast I listened to said it was very Lucasy out of American Graffiti.

Star Wars canon has no real concept of youth culture aside from padawans and going to Tosche Station. Customized speeders and cybernetics seems like a reasonable expansion of Star Wars lore.

yeah, what a weird thing to grumble about

Star Wars thread (Book of Boba Fett trailer)

PH is to Star Wars as MDMH is to rural white nitwits.

LOL.

I think the whining about this show is ridiculous. We already had two seasons of a bad ass bounty hunter so I’m glad we are getting something different. Boba Fett flashbacks and political drama on Tatooine seems like a cool expansion of Star Wars lore.

Last edited:
i did not have a problem with the vespas per se. the bright colors where clearly intended to be them expressing themselves. also saw an opinion that said star wars has always "looked down on" droids and cybernetics and that these were kids that were proud of their enhancements. maybe. my problem with the vespas was the chase scene looked like it was slow motion. those things were slow.

I thought he first ep was weak, but last 2 have been great. Shuddap you nerds.

i did not have a problem with the vespas per se. the bright colors where clearly intended to be them expressing themselves. also saw an opinion that said star wars has always "looked down on" droids and cybernetics and that these were kids that were proud of their enhancements. maybe. my problem with the vespas was the chase scene looked like it was slow motion. those things were slow.

It also could be revealed that the young people may be using cybernetic enhancements to address their disabilities much like Boba used cybernetic enhancements to save Fennic Shand’s life. There was a nod to this when Boba was ok comms with the kid with a cybernetic eye and said something to the effect of “keep an eye on him.” Then he apologized saying something like “I mean no offense. It’s just a saying.” The kid replied, “It’s OK. I’m proud of my eye.”

That exchange suggested that the kid was born without an eye or lost his eye and built a new one.

https://youtu.be/WCsLIUcDbQ4

I dont get the Book of Boba Fett hate. I think it kind of misunderstands the basic point of Star Wars. Star Wars is built on the idea that anyone can become anything and who you start out as is not who you are destined to be. Smugglers turn into generals, poor farmers become Jedi, princesses become rebels, Darth Vader has good in him...and of course Jar Jar becomes a sith lord.

Which brings us to Fett. Bounty Hunter to Crime Lord. I love what we are seeing from Boba. He has decided to run his criminal empire through respect, even though it is the hardest way to ensure success. The Daimyos idea is super compelling to me. Just as a Japanese lord would control and protect a territory with a horde of loyal samurai followers, Fett is essentially offering places of honor by making them his samurai. And he is essentially trusting that by building a loyal army of followers through respect, it will pay off when facing men controlled by fear. And these samurai of Fett so far have been people who fit the Star Wars narrative, those who are given an opportunity to change their destiny. In Star Wars one thing is certain...empires fall, rebellions legitimize, but in Hutt Space, criminals rule. (And to quote Terry Pratchett if you are going to have crime, it might as well be organized).

I gather from this thread and other posts online that most of the hate is about the pace of the story. Is the show slow? Yes. But its definitely purposeful. Like a Kurosawa film, an intentional pace with bursts of action and violence to accentuate the struggle that Fett faces. I am willing to guess the Book of Boba Fett haters will have a different opinion when the whole season is out and can be binged. I think the pacing issues will then disappear

Finally if I was a betting man I would guess that we get some or all of Dengar, Zuckuss, Bossk who return and form some sort of samurai cadre with Fennec under Fett. Wouldnt be surprised if Mando joins in at some point with the darksaber

I dont get the Book of Boba Fett hate. I think it kind of misunderstands the basic point of Star Wars. Star Wars is built on the idea that anyone can become anything and who you start out as is not who you are destined to be. Smugglers turn into generals, poor farmers become Jedi, princesses become rebels, Darth Vader has good in him...and of course Jar Jar becomes a sith lord.

Which brings us to Fett. Bounty Hunter to Crime Lord. I love what we are seeing from Boba. He has decided to run his criminal empire through respect, even though it is the hardest way to ensure success. The Daimyos idea is super compelling to me. Just as a Japanese lord would control and protect a territory with a horde of loyal samurai followers, Fett is essentially offering places of honor by making them his samurai. And he is essentially trusting that by building a loyal army of followers through respect, it will pay off when facing men controlled by fear. And these samurai of Fett so far have been people who fit the Star Wars narrative, those who are given an opportunity to change their destiny. In Star Wars one thing is certain...empires fall, rebellions legitimize, but in Hutt Space, criminals rule. (And to quote Terry Pratchett if you are going to have crime, it might as well be organized).

I gather from this thread and other posts online that most of the hate is about the pace of the story. Is the show slow? Yes. But its definitely purposeful. Like a Kurosawa film, an intentional pace with bursts of action and violence to accentuate the struggle that Fett faces. I am willing to guess the Book of Boba Fett haters will have a different opinion when the whole season is out and can be binged. I think the pacing issues will then disappear

I feel like Tejas just blacked out and channeled Dave Filoni.

Finally if I was a betting man I would guess that we get some or all of Dengar, Zuckuss, Bossk who return and form some sort of samurai cadre with Fennec under Fett. Wouldnt be surprised if Mando joins in at some point with the darksaber

What about Bothans? All these prequals and sequels and shows and no Bothans. Even their sacrifice of retrieving the 2nd Death Star plans has been largely forgotten.

Back