• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Also gotta love Disney creating a Wall-E bot working at a dump to give to Andor

Yeah. It looked like a live-action Wall-E for a few seconds.

Liked the first ep. A darker edge to the SW universe, but we had that when we first saw Andor in Rogue One. But beyond that, the dialogue/acting through one episode is better than anything Disney has had in prior SW shows. The whole conversation between the security boss and his underling (who customized the piping on his uniform-- hilarious part, by the way), is great and doesn't treat the audience like it's a bunch of 6 year old kids needing an Ewok or a little Leia being a trickster.

At the end of the 2nd ep, wife turns to me and says, "This is kind of slow developing."

I agreed, but don't have a problem with it so far. There is enough going on to be interesting, and the SW universe feels more tangible and a bit less fantastical than it has previously. I told her I'd rather have 2-3 eps of that than 2-3 eps of Little Leia running away from bad guys.

Really really really digging Andor. This series is answering questions I've actually had about the SW universe, not "why did Han call Chewbacca "Chewy"?"

3rd ep was really solid, I thought-- some good action in there after a good build up.

The last episode was by far their best! I was sort of meh (but i will keep watching, RE: Star Wars) before that episode but now things have really started to pull together. Do we have any idea of how long this story is before Rogue One? I am trying to figure out the timeline...

The last episode was by far their best! I was sort of meh (but i will keep watching, RE: Star Wars) before that episode but now things have really started to pull together. Do we have any idea of how long this story is before Rogue One? I am trying to figure out the timeline...

The show started off saying "5 BBY" so 5 years before Rogue One, which led right into Star Wars and the Battle of Yavin (the "B" and "Y" of BBY, the baseline of time in Star Wars).

Mentioned material acquisitions going to skarif (sp?), so the Death Star must just be beginning to be built.

Allow me to nerd out. The Death Star was in an early construction phase at the end of RotS (19 BBY). As I mentioned just above, Andor is 5 BBY so I'm going to guess (and it's just a guess) they're refining things like the super laser at this time.

ah, thank you all! so this is essentially 5 years after Obi Wan Kenobi and 5 years before Episode IV: A New Hope.

Last edited:
I really like how this show is putting us in so many different spaces during this time period in the heads of so many different characters. I'm curious to see where the stories of the imperials end up, particularly the tension between the two arguing over investigating the part Cassian stole.

This show has really been amazing. That episode was great and totally has the feel of small time rebels trying to fight the empire

Great episode. Seems like the pattern is 2 episodes of buildup, followed by 1 episode of straight up badass delivery.

I like that plan. You can wait 3 weeks and make it one movie too. Five years of rebellion over 4 movies each in 2 seasons.

3 episodes in and I am impressed. I am not 100% sure which side is good and evil based on what I've seen on screen so far. the characters and world feel entirely new yet familiar, and they neatly tied up the first story threads in a way that has me interested. glad I read the comment earlier in this thread that the story arcs take about 3 episodes to resolve

Back