• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Heavy THX-1138 vibes this time around and I say that as a good thing. For one of the "setup" episodes I found this enthralling.

Last week, I was pretty sure this 3 episode arc would be a prison break. Now it doesn’t look like it at all.

After 8 episodes, this arc looks like:

1-3 Prologue
4-6 A New Hope
7-9 Empire Strikes Back
10-12 Return of the Jedi (not Jedi obviously but a big win for the rebels after previously suffering a huge defeat)

just finished episode 6 -- this is the type of star wars stuff I was hoping to see from Disney. people have commented on the scenery and I would also note the sets too, especially for coruscant and the imperial scenes. really cool.

In general the show does a good job of showing both the average imperial dude as well as the blasé attitudes from leadership that could have led to something like a new hope happening right under their nose. it just feels good and not forced and well acted to me. also, the scenes with syris (sp?) and his mother are gold

I think there's a decent amount of stuff that is confusing and I'm not sure if I missed something/don't know a reference or if it just hasn't been explained yet. and the show has some slow times which, if I was waiting a week and not catching up, I could see it being a bit boring or underwhelming. but overall the payoffs are cool and I'm liking it a lot

Not sure where they are going with the current story arc. At least their prisons are nice, though. Definitely can't complain about the conditions, except for the whole electrocution thing.

Not sure where they are going with the current story arc. At least their prisons are nice, though. Definitely can't complain about the conditions, except for the whole electrocution thing.

There are a couple of folks in prison with him who are in his team in Rogue One. So they are definitely making some connections there.

It could of course be pure coincidence, but I do fins it interesting that Andy Serkis plays his prison group leader and Snoke. I am not saying that character becomes Snoke, but I wonder if some of his DNA, or some program in the prison, ends up becoming the gobbledygook that makes up the Snoke test tube

I really need to rewatch Rogue One.

That prison is definitely not "nice." Shock floors, forced labor for meaningless competition fighting for taste and flavor.

I really need to rewatch Rogue One.

That prison is definitely not "nice." Shock floors, forced labor for meaningless competition fighting for taste and flavor.
Yes, but unlimited gruel, personal toilets, clean surface areas, and minimal chance of being subjected to prison rape.

Kind of mad they keep pumping out new Clone Wars adjacent content (Bad Batch, Tales) but I still need to finish Clone Wars.

caught up on the last episode, some really great cameos in there. that transition from walking down the beach to imperial work prison was absolutely terrifying and sold me that the empire sucks. up until this point I thought they were leaning a little heavily into the moral ambiguity of the rebellion and the whole "empire did nothing wrong" angle. this episode swings the pendulum back in the other direction in a big way.

That’s a transition that can happen to anybody now in plenty of places. That’s the most terrifying part.

I freaking love Andor, and the new Tales of the Jedi shorts were a really rewarding watch--particularly if you have finished Clone Wars. If you haven't finished Clone Wars, maybe hold off. Each one is very short, like 15 minutes, and you can blow through them quickly.

Pretty surprised you haven’t finished clone wars ph, the last season is top tier SW content

FWIW I never watched all seasons of Clone Wars. I watched some episodes scattered through the seasons and then watched the final season. Still enjoyed the final season immensely.

Pretty surprised you haven’t finished clone wars ph, the last season is top tier SW content

That’s what I’ve heard. But what I have watched was kind of a tedious to get through. I’m midway through Season 2.

Oh you’re getting through some of the worst of it then. There’s some dumb shit here and there later on but it gets pretty good.

I wouldn't say "getting through." The last episode I watched was over 2 years ago probably a month or two after the last season was released. Who knew they'd make even more content set in that era so now I've got 7 seasons + some shorts to watch?

OK, so the 2 show setup and 3rd episode payoff didn't happen. I'm guessing that instead we are going to get a jailbreak next episode and the investigation net starts closing on the rebels the last two episodes.

But man, I really like this show too. Blows the others out of the water.

Back