• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

There are a couple of folks in prison with him who are in his team in Rogue One. So they are definitely making some connections there.

It could of course be pure coincidence, but I do fins it interesting that Andy Serkis plays his prison group leader and Snoke. I am not saying that character becomes Snoke, but I wonder if some of his DNA, or some program in the prison, ends up becoming the gobbledygook that makes up the Snoke test tube

Yeah I had no idea of Serkis bio. Pretty impressive

My first thought when the episode ended was that this show wasn't actually four 3-episode arcs. Then I thought about it more and this was a 3-episode arc about the aftermath of the Aldani raid leading to crack down throughout the galaxy, hardening tension on all sides, and a weird crush. For Cassian, Kino saying "Never more than 12" was the end of an arc where Cassian became institutionalized but was searching for a way out. I think the next 3-episode arc will be about them escaping which will lead to the next season where they become rebels.

Last week, I was pretty sure this 3 episode arc would be a prison break. Now it doesn’t look like it at all.

After 8 episodes, this arc looks like:

1-3 Prologue
4-6 A New Hope
7-9 Empire Strikes Back
10-12 Return of the Jedi (not Jedi obviously but a big win for the rebels after previously suffering a huge defeat)

I'm sticking with this.

Do yourself a favor, try to go into tonight’s episode spoiler free. Astonishing stuff. This show’s 3-4 episode arcs deliver. A couple episodes building things up, then the payoff. They have a formula that works.

Re: clone wars. Just look up one of the best episodes lists. You'll get a lot if great stuff with ahsoka, anakin, and kenobi. Individually and collectively.

Yeah I've done that. Just haven't started watching them. I've got a huge backlog of shows to catch up on and watch and NBA season doesn't help.

Unless this ends with Jar Jar leading the Ewoks to blowing up a secret other Death Star, this will be my favorite Star Wars, period.

Also, if you can't give Andy Serkis an Oscar for his previous mo-cap work then dammit give him an Emmy for this. He rules.

watched Rogue One last night to see how it meshes (it does) but man, the pace of that movie is nuts

watched Rogue One last night to see how it meshes (it does) but man, the pace of that movie is nuts
I watched it a few nights ago and it meshes really well. Two scenes stood out. Andor is his people (including Melshi) are locked up in Saw's cave and Andor was kind of perplexed by being behind bars. He said something like "I've never been like this before." So they did a good job building a prison without bars to mesh with that scene.

At the end after they send the message to the rebels, Andor asked Jyn "Is anybody listening?" which was a contrast to "Nobody's Listening" title and theme of the last ep.

Unless this ends with Jar Jar leading the Ewoks to blowing up a secret other Death Star, this will be my favorite Star Wars, period.

Also, if you can't give Andy Serkis an Oscar for his previous mo-cap work then dammit give him an Emmy for this. He rules.
Don't worry. Jar Jar and the Ewoks will be 6 episodes on d+.

gungan is delicious. Ewok's fav meal.

I was ready for Kino Loy's monologue, but oh man, I was not ready for Luthen's. What an episode. What a show. This is the only Star Wars show that doesn't fell like it's long long ago from a galaxy far far away. It feels so real.

I was ready for Kino Loy's monologue, but oh man, I was not ready for Luthen's. What an episode. What a show. This is the only Star Wars show that doesn't fell like it's long long ago from a galaxy far far away. It feels so real.
Or the scene where Mothma is facing the idea of having to marry her daughter off

Oh yeah. The daughter seemed to be important but we didn’t quite know how.

And how about how dude just casually implied her husband partakes quite regularly and she knows all about it. The shock and dismay when he said “I’ll be bringing my 14 year old son.” Wow.

There was so much in this episode and all of it worked and paid off characters that were barely introduced but notable.

And Kino’s last line made his whole journey and speech that much more meaningful.

I'm still an episode behind so I haven't read all the posts here but damn episode 9 was awesome. and when I think of how they're doing it with fairly basic sets and shots using just dialogue and decent acting... it's crazy cause you just don't see that in the Star Wars universe.

the tension in the scene in the tunnel "something's wrong on 2." the briefing of the intelligence gained from the rebel pilot "it's a gurst interrogation" that line hits you, you know exactly what that means but only from the sicko monologue and like 10 sec close up on the actress' eyes in the first scene. Cyrus or Cyril or whatever the hell his name is approaching the amazon imperial inquisitor. the med guy delivering the twist to Andy Serkis. all just really good scenes that don't involve lightsabers or Death Star Killer Bases or baby yodas or midichlorians or jar jars -- not all those things are bad, this is just a refreshing direction and it's working pretty darn well

Last edited:
Back