• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Gonna go on a limb and guess this one will just go atop the pile of other announced but never filmed Star Wars movies, especially since the last one Glover was in killed off the idea of Star Wars Story movies

I’m not sure. Glover has a track record and history of success, plus some star power. Though it gives me less hope that it has shifted from show to movie, as Glovers greatest successes have been on tv

caught up on 3 episodes tonight -- fell off the wagon because I was moving. Maybe watching in chunks helps, cause I'm really liking the show. I think they've done an admirable job so far of being imaginative with setting and scenarios while still playing to the same old same old. hyperspace whales? dope. fun space vehicle fights, saber battles, a variety of different goods and bads with varying motivations, force and mandalorian stuff... I don't mind the slow pacing when we're getting all that.

The dialogue could stand to be elevated quite a bit and I think that would help hit the mark a lot better on the character development, but it's Star Wars so it's not that out of place. I didn't love astronaut Ahsoka but it makes you wonder why you wouldn't have seen that in Star Wars before (aside from Leia Poppins). Otherwise I don't really have many complaints. They're trying different stuff and I think most of it lands, for me at least.

My friend who was in to Rebels/Clone Wars was super hyped after episode 5.

caught up on 3 episodes tonight -- fell off the wagon because I was moving. Maybe watching in chunks helps, cause I'm really liking the show. I think they've done an admirable job so far of being imaginative with setting and scenarios while still playing to the same old same old. hyperspace whales? dope. fun space vehicle fights, saber battles, a variety of different goods and bads with varying motivations, force and mandalorian stuff... I don't mind the slow pacing when we're getting all that.

The dialogue could stand to be elevated quite a bit and I think that would help hit the mark a lot better on the character development, but it's Star Wars so it's not that out of place. I didn't love astronaut Ahsoka but it makes you wonder why you wouldn't have seen that in Star Wars before (aside from Leia Poppins). Otherwise I don't really have many complaints. They're trying different stuff and I think most of it lands, for me at least.

My friend who was in to Rebels/Clone Wars was super hyped after episode 5.
This is what I was wondering about in my post from Tuesday night.

the first scene was kind of meh, and the whole "I must break the cycle" thing for Baylan is played out. But otherwise that was a pretty good episode.

The witches thing feels more like Macbeth than Star Wars.

Am I the only one who couldn't give two shits about Ezra?

"They're rock Ewoks. Erocks," is what I muttered to my wife last night. I'm sticking with that. Fucking Erocks with snail heads.

I think it’s probably normal to not care so much about Ezra yet if you didn’t watch the prior series, he’s only been on screen for like 2 minutes

Yeah if you didn't watch Rebels, you wouldn't care about Ezra. Yet. But it was an emotional moment for me. Ezra went from Lothal street rat (basically Star Wars Aladdin) to young hero and now he has another found family with the "erocks" and he's grown with a sweet beard. His relationship with Sabine has changed from silly crush on the older girl to a big sister relationship. Ordinarily I don't like when characters hide crucial information from each other for the sake of plot. But I totally get why Sabine didn't tell him everything. It would have ruined the moment.

The last two episodes were your basic main characters gets separated so here's what each of them were doing without each other. I generally prefer telling two cohesive stories rather than breaking them apart into two intertwined half-stories.

Was behind and caught up the other day. Really enjoying - it’s a great show that is way into the Jedi mythos and Rebels characters and the crazier stuff from Clone Wars/Rebels. If you haven’t watched any of that then I can certainly understand this one not hitting you but the Ep with Anakin ending with Ashoka in the mouth of the space whale was great. Thrawn and Ezra reveals were both awesome too (epic Thrawn theme)

Only minor nitpick is Thrawn sounding like a wanker and having a gut. I get they are carrying on the portrayal from Rebels, but I had always pictured him as a menacing physical presence when I read the Zahn novels 25 years ago

Was behind and caught up the other day. Really enjoying - it’s a great show that is way into the Jedi mythos and Rebels characters and the crazier stuff from Clone Wars/Rebels. If you haven’t watched any of that then I can certainly understand this one not hitting you but the Ep with Anakin ending with Ashoka in the mouth of the space whale was great. Thrawn and Ezra reveals were both awesome too (epic Thrawn theme)

Only minor nitpick is Thrawn sounding like a wanker and having a gut. I get they are carrying on the portrayal from Rebels, but I had always pictured him as a menacing physical presence when I read the Zahn novels 25 years ago

As far as sounding, Mikkelsen was the voice of Thrawn in Rebels as well. He physique isn't exactly what I was picturing, but don't think of him as physically imposing (even in the Zahn trilogy) - he doesn't need to be large, just not dad-bod-ish. But I did love the depiction of Thrawn in rebels - he's intellectually imposing and shows the tactical advantage of anthropology.

I re-watched rebels with my son who wasn't interested during the original run when my daughter and I watched.

There was at least one episode that showed thrawn training and fighting robots and stuff. They made it clear he was a bad ass if he needed to fight.

This dad bodied thrawn is... odd.

I re-watched rebels with my son who wasn't interested during the original run when my daughter and I watched.

There was at least one episode that showed thrawn training and fighting robots and stuff. They made it clear he was a bad ass if he needed to fight.

This dad bodied thrawn is... odd.
He's gotten older in exile for how many years? Seems like a reasonable in-story explanation. Many of us have gotten dad bods without space whales sending us to another galaxy.

Ok. I'd think a military dude with a meticulous personality would not let himself go on mission.

Ezra’s chain mail is made from storm trooper dog tags. Ezra did not go soft.
Ezra went from like 18 to 28. Thrawn went from like 40 to 50. A lot of things get softer in your 40s.

Back