• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Ahsoka was a complete waste of time. Literally nothing happened to anyone and if it did it wouldnt have mattered since everyone was terribly written.

Ahsoka was a complete waste of time. Literally nothing happened to anyone and if it did it wouldnt have mattered since everyone was terribly written.

Yeah, they basically swapped out 2 characters for another 2.

Andor is way above them all. Several tiers above.

Mando, Ahsoka, Obi Wan, and even Boba Fett had their moments, but for the most part were lame. They have all been forgettable.

At this point, the excitement about an expanded SW universe is long over. I think the love some people have for Mando is based on the fact that it was first and not that it was particularly good. The scripts and dialogue are mostly shit, the characters not particularly good. Ahsoka in the finale was the same snickering Jedi chick that she was in episode one. Mando is a talking helmet chasing around an annoying baby Yoda. Boba and Obi Wan went from iconic characters of my youth to an overweight middle aged guy and a sleepwalking Ewan McGregor. And the supporting characters in Ahsoka? Some purple haired rebel and a blonde goth chick. How contemporary and hip of Disney.

Snore.

But fuck me because I keep watching.

Mando, Ahsoka, Obi Wan, and even Boba Fett had their moments, but for the most part were lame. They have all been forgettable.

At this point, the excitement about an expanded SW universe is long over. I think the love some people have for Mando is based on the fact that it was first and not that it was particularly good. The scripts and dialogue are mostly shit, the characters not particularly good. Ahsoka in the finale was the same snickering Jedi chick that she was in episode one. Mando is a talking helmet chasing around an annoying baby Yoda. Boba and Obi Wan went from iconic characters of my youth to an overweight middle aged guy and a sleepwalking Ewan McGregor. And the supporting characters in Ahsoka? Some purple haired rebel and a blonde goth chick. How contemporary and hip of Disney.

Snore.

Strangely I mostly agree with this take — mando is a bit overrated by the high school crush effect. Didn’t know anything better was possible. But still enjoyed Ahsoka for its flaws, I guess you gotta turn ur brain off

I think the best way for Star Wars to move forward is a completely separate Empire/Skywalker/connection to movies 1-9 universe. Not sure how that'd be done, but taking the general Jedi/Sith concepts and making a new universe. I do keep watching the shows, but phew they are so underwhelming, hence the lack on general interest in Star Wars all together. I'm not sure how anyone who works for Disney within Lucasfilm still has their job.

Snore.

yes

Strangely I mostly agree with this take — mando is a bit overrated by the high school crush effect. Didn’t know anything better was possible. But still enjoyed Ahsoka for its flaws, I guess you gotta turn ur brain off
i mean in this sincerely, what did you enjoy about it? to me, the entire season was about getting the blue guy off a planet but the blue guy didnt do anything to make him overly interesting. i know if you watched another show it filled in backstory but i shouldnt have to watch an entirely different series to get invested in a main character on an entirely different show.

Writing wise the show was trash. Not one character was remotely interesting. For a split second i thought the show might take an interesting/dark turn and have Sabine fail to be able to use the force when she was being choked out, and then be killed off, but then i immediately remembered no character they spent more than 5 minutes on would ever be in seriously peril and they will use the same trope Star Wars has since the beginning and have her get it at the last second. Miraculously she was able to bootie scoot Ezra minutes later from ship to ship when she barely could get the saber to move 5 feet.

also, why was ezra still wearing his stormtrooper helmet when he got off the ship at the end?

For dramatic effect. That was annoying. They gave us seconds of unnecessary build-up and no Ezra and Hera hug.

I don't know much about Mary Elizabeth Winstead's other acting gigs, but her range for Hera seemed to be limited to "slightly wide-eyed" for every scene. After thinking about this one for a few days, I fall into the camp of really wanted to like it, but ultimately unsatisfied. Baylan Skoll in particular had a lot of potential to hint at some larger part of the story going on in the background, but all we got was lots of him standing on the edge of things staring into the distance. And some occasional lightsaber play. I'm not sure if I'd been way more into Rebels and Clone Wars if I'd feel better about the series or worse.

I'm a big fan of Rebels, and this was a letdown for me. Thrawn just didn't translate well in live action. He had a menacing presence in Rebels.

I'm also not a fan of these series only being 8 episodes. It forces them to rush through the story to reach a conclusion to end the season, then we get to wait 2 years for another season.

I'm a big fan of Rebels, and this was a letdown for me. Thrawn just didn't translate well in live action. He had a menacing presence in Rebels.

I'm also not a fan of these series only being 8 episodes. It forces them to rush through the story to reach a conclusion to end the season, then we get to wait 2 years for another season.
This pretty much my take as well

Why not? All I want from the show is adventures with Din and Grogu and I’d hope that is what this movie would be. Filoni’s movie can be the one to tie all the storylines together

I'll believe a Star Wars movie is actually coming out when I see a trailer. How many movies with all star directors have been announced?

Even a trailer, at least a teaser, is no guarantee it will get made.

Others I can think of off the top of my head include Taika Waititi, the GoT guys, Mangold (which I think is officially still a go), the Rian Johnson trilogy. Not an all-star director but Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is still a go and has the "Star Wars is woke garbage" neckbears up in arms.

I'll believe a Star Wars movie is actually coming out when I see a trailer. How many movies with all star directors have been announced?

The Game of Thrones guys cratered the final season so they could get over to Disney to make star wars movies that haven't happened yet.

The Game of Thrones guys cratered the final season so they could get over to Disney to make star wars movies that haven't happened yet.
Pretty sure it fell apart when they shit the ending for got when they decided to abruptly stop the series.

HBO even offered them as many seasons and eps they wanted to finish it and they were like nah we’re good

Back