• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Yeah. One of the most Star Warsy episodes of any of the Disney+ shows.

Haven’t watched the latest, but loved the subtle line in the last episode that shows Ezra has been a little more busy than hanging out with Erocks the whole time. Thrown mentions how his troop numbers have dwindled since being there and then Ezra shows up with a frickin chain mail tunic made of stormtrooper dog tags. It’s like the dude in universal soldier with the necklace made of ears.

Yep. Also that Thrawn has reasonably accurate intel on Ezra’s whereabouts but he’s still alive.

All right Disney you win. You always win. I started on Rebels, halfway through S1. I've skipped it up to now because I had expected it to be some sort of in canon yet not really a main focus storyline but this looks to be the backbone for a lot of SW in the years to come, movies included.

Kinda worried the finale will be a letdown… not really sure where it can go that’ll be satisfying but I guess we will see

There's a lot to get through. I'm guessing it will have a longer run time.

Generally ended somewhat as I expected. Really enjoyed this series
It ended somewhat as I hoped but didn't expect and somewhat as I expected (purposefully vague to avoid spoilers). It was a fulfilling finale, but a lot of people will be rightfully disappointed.

The Ezra casting was brilliant.

Does anyone feel like the redemption of Anakin and the redemption of Hayden Christensen are the same thing at this point?

well that was pretty cool. some bizarre wtf stuff but I dig it.

Morgan felt a bit underdeveloped to go super saiyan there and be all badass. but I guess they are setting up the exposition of that religion in the next season versus now. Ahsoka should have that crazy blade, wonder if she becomes a Mother or whatever. very glad it is not just the good guys stranded on the planet, that would have been a drag. Also imperials can't shoot, still. but giving Thrawn his moment here was good, some things were pretty silly as it was and he would have immediately lost villain credibility if they all got on the boat somehow

Andor still reigns but I thought this was well above the Obi-Wan tier of mediocrity. I'd put it alongside Mandalorian, not always amazing but overall good, it felt like Star Wars and I look forward to more.

I think there are three tiers:

Andor
The Mandalorian Seasons 1 and 2

The Mandalorian Season 3
Ahsoka

Obi-Wan
Book of Boba Fett

I like the last two more than a lot of people but there's a clear distinction from the top three shows. I could be persuaded to put Andor on its own top tier, but The Mandalorian was pretty incredible stuff before Andor came along.

I'm on team Jeremy.

1696433561494.png

ETA - Tier wise there's a mega colossal chasm after Andor (and I really liked Mando S1).

Last edited:
It ended somewhat as I hoped but didn't expect and somewhat as I expected (purposefully vague to avoid spoilers). It was a fulfilling finale, but a lot of people will be rightfully disappointed.

The Ezra casting was brilliant.

Does anyone feel like the redemption of Anakin and the redemption of Hayden Christensen are the same thing at this point?
Yes to the redemption bit. And good for Hayden. I don’t think he is a world class actor by any means but man did his career get ruined by some garbage Star Wars scripts

As to the Ahsoka finale, I'd say "fine" but for me, pretty unsatisfactory. The series in general was clearly just moving pieces on the board for future Filoniverse projects but I did find one arc particularly interesting.

No progress whatsoever for Baylan Skoll except he ends up in Argonath (I'm no LotR nerd, I had to look up the land of the giant statues). Apparently Clone Wars fans could recognize the statue and the one behind it as The Father and The Son, respectively. Cool, I guess. I ain't catching up on Clone Wars, Rebels is enough.

Last edited:
There were highlights to the season, but I'm struggling with all the loose ends at the end of season 1, plus the entire purpose of Sabine's "mission" to save Ezra. Essentially, she and Ahsoka swapped places with Ezra while also releasing Thrawn to the universe. Come on now.

I find myself agreeing with Mr. Jahns again. Acting was wooden, wanted more of Baylan and Shin, and sheesh the clone trooper fight scenes are just so bad. Star Wars has to find a way to make them halfway believable to hold my attention....red troopers, storm troopers, zombie troopers, and none of them are able to kill anyone.

I think there are three tiers:

Andor
The Mandalorian Seasons 1 and 2

The Mandalorian Season 3
Ahsoka

Obi-Wan
Book of Boba Fett

I like the last two more than a lot of people but there's a clear distinction from the top three shows. I could be persuaded to put Andor on its own top tier, but The Mandalorian was pretty incredible stuff before Andor came along.
Andor is on it's own, then Mando 1 and part of season 2, followed by everything else wayyyyyyy below.

Back