• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

I'm not sure Ray is going to be around very long. His apprentice is nice to look at. She strikes me as a goth girl who needs saving.

Ahsoka was solid but slow. So was Andor in the first 3 episodes. Then it got going. So we'll see. It was good to see Hera, Sabine, Chopper, Lothal, and loth-cats in live action.

I was wary of "another fucking map" at first, but I dug the first two episodes. Ahsoka herself seemed wooden, but maybe that's an acting choice given how the character has evolved. The race between Sabine and the E-Wings in the background was good looking television.

They’re clearly going for former stubborn padawan gets a stubborn padawan set up. I just don’t like it with Sabine. The whole premise of Rebels was that Ezra was a Lothal street rat and Kanan realized his connection to the force and trained him to be a Jedi and they all became a found family. If Sabine has a connection to the force, that means Kanan didn’t realize it and she was there for all that training and didn’t realize it either.

I still have some videos to watch that purport to explain that there were hints Sabine was force sensitive this whole time but it still doesn’t sit right with me.

They’re clearly going for former stubborn padawan gets a stubborn padawan set up. I just don’t like it with Sabine. The whole premise of Rebels was that Ezra was a Lothal street rat and Kanan realized his connection to the force and trained him to be a Jedi and they all became a found family. If Sabine has a connection to the force, that means Kanan didn’t realize it and she was there for all that training and didn’t realize it either.

I still have some videos to watch that purport to explain that there were hints Sabine was force sensitive this whole time but it still doesn’t sit right with me.
I thought there were some subtle hints in Rebels. It was good to hear the droid comment that her natural connection was far below any other apprentices that he had seen. That put it in context some.

Just got caught up. I watched a good portion of Rebels but not every episode- did I miss entirely Sabine being Ashoka’s apprentice? I don’t remember that AT ALL.

Feels like the first live action series where you need to definitely have watched the animated series to have full appreciation for what is going on.

The map pseudo-maguffin plot to find Thrawn seems pretty out there. Need to rewatch the last few Rebels I suppose but why would he be in some other galaxy that needs seemingly ancient witch maps to point to where he is? Whatever I’ll just go with it but after Andor’s gritty political plot the force sorcery story in this show so far feels totally bananas by comparison.

The purgills (big space whales who can move through hyperspace) transmitted Ezra and Thrawn at the end of Rebels.

Sabine as Ahsoka's apprentice apparently happened "off camera" between Ezra and Thrawn's disappearance and the end of Rebels. I need to go back and watch the Rebels finale but I think there's a year or so in there.

The first two eps seem like set up for the real story much like the first three episodes of Andor.

Thanks - I’m glad I didn’t miss some major on screen relationship because I’m thinking to myself as I’m watching Ashoka “am I really forgetting some major plot points of something I watched a year ago?”

Yes the first two eps are definitely setup - hopefully we get to Thrawn and Ezra sooner rather than later

I'm digging the first few eps of Ahsoka. I hope the aliens that conquer earth look like Rosario Dawson. my friend who was a big fan Rebels/Clone Wars and the books called the first two episodes 'brilliant.' so I guess that's how that fandom is taking things. but as others have mentioned, Andor sets a new high bar. I'd be happy if this lands in Mando territory, better than most of what they've put out. The Obi Wan series serves as the mediocre marker imo.

Last edited:
Just watched Ep 3. It’s certainly building toward something interesting. The New Republic politics follow up Mandalorian Season 3 and to some extent Andor.

Hera was a young rebel leading a found family. She was clearly the mom figure in Rebels with Sabine and Ezra as her kids. Now she’s a mom and general dealing with politicians, she’s middle management. It’s not just her and Kanan making the calls. She’s in a bureaucracy. I think we’ll see her rebel leanings pay off sooner rather than later.

I'm digging the first few eps of Ahsoka. I hope the aliens that conquer earth look like rosario dawson. my friend who was a big fan Rebels/Clone Wars and the books called the first two episodes 'brilliant.' so I guess that's how that fandom is taking things. but as others have mentioned, Andor sets a new high bar. I'd be happy if this lands in Mando territory, better than most of what they've put out. The Obi Wan series serves as the mediocre marker imo.

"Obi Wan" was ok but answered questions that nobody was asking. "Book of Boba Fett" was the ill-conceived low point, a sort of cool idea that could have been expertly done with 30 to 40 minutes of content.

yeah Boba was a mess and all over the place. I can't remember the villain's name, kinda alien sheriff who popped up and was dealt with in the span of 1.5 episodes, but that guy was cool and they should have used him more.

yeah Boba was a mess and all over the place. I can't remember the villain's name, kinda alien sheriff who popped up and was dealt with in the span of 1.5 episodes, but that guy was cool and they should have used him more.
Cad Bane? Bounty hunter from Clone Wars. Very cool and can't believe they didn't do more with him.

I’m liking the angle of training a padawan who is closer to average than some preternatural savant.

I also like that the villains have a bit of nuance here and there wrt motivations and loyalties and character types. The lackey that Ahsoka runs into at the shipyard in episode 2 was pretty cool without having to be some tortured soul like kylo ren or the sith lady from Obi Wan. He’s just a dude (so far)

Last edited:
also I want to say the cgi effects and sound are really top notch

I’m liking the angle of training a padawan who is closer to average than some preternatural savant.

I also like that the villains have a bit of nuance here and there wrt motivations and loyalties and whatnot. The lackey that Ahsoka runs into at the shipyard in episode 2 was pretty cool without having to be some tortured soul like kylo ren or the sith lady from Obi Wan. He’s just a dude (so far)

Sabine is a savant but not at the force. She’s a Mandalorian so she’s adept with various weapons (mentioned in this ep), a demolitions expert, and a brilliant artist. Honestly, Sabine’s coolness hasn’t fully come through yet. That could be because she’s mourning Ezra and dealing with the her issues with Ahsoka.

so are they ever gonna make another movie? there have been so many rumored ones attached to big name directors, but they all seem to just wither and die.

Sabine is a savant but not at the force. She’s a Mandalorian so she’s adept with various weapons (mentioned in this ep), a demolitions expert, and a brilliant artist. Honestly, Sabine’s coolness hasn’t fully come through yet. That could be because she’s mourning Ezra and dealing with the her issues with Ahsoka.
Showed a little in how fast she cracked the map, but yeah, Sabine Wren (from Rebels, hopefully Ahsoka) as well) is my favorite star wars character.

Showed a little in how fast she cracked the map, but yeah, Sabine Wren (from Rebels, hopefully Ahsoka) as well) is my favorite star wars character.

And that she was the obvious choice to crack the map. It’s a different story than a farm boy who is secretly the son of a powerful force user who himself was a child savant at building things and piloting.

Back