• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Buzz, OOC

Do you approve of the job Jeff [Redacted] is doing as Head Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't vote because I don't think the polling options represent my view. I don't think [Redacted] is doing a good job, but that doesn't mean I want or think he should be terminated either now or at the next available opportunity (i.e., after the season). I've always personally understood "BzzOut" to mean he should be gone, not simply that he's underperformed as our head coach.

I didn't vote because I don't think the polling options represent my view. I don't think [Redacted] is doing a good job, but that doesn't mean I want or think he should be terminated either now or at the next available opportunity (i.e., after the season). I've always personally understood "BzzOut" to mean he should be gone, not simply that he's underperformed as our head coach.

It's an approval poll. The parenthetical explanations are mostly for color. I probably shouldn't have included them for this reason, though.

You've got to take into account that we played what was easily the softest non-conference schedule I can remember a Wake team playing. If we had played even a normal non-conference schedule, we'd be under .500 right now. Once we're playing ACC teams every night and can't schedule the Sisters of the Poor any longer, the true ineptitude of Bzz will reveal itself in all of its gruesome glory...

We've got a LONG way to go to get 15-16 wins.
Whoa, awful phrasing on my part there. I think he's given us improved play.

I like to think he's put us in a position where 15-16 wins isn't out of the question, but yes, there's a long way to go yet.

Even considering Wofford, I do think that Bzz has performed better than last year so far. But I just can't see [Redacted] leading Wake to an ACC championship, let alone a national title, and if he can't do that then I don't know why he's our coach.

You've got to take into account that we played what was easily the softest non-conference schedule I can remember a Wake team playing. If we had played even a normal non-conference schedule, we'd be under .500 right now. Once we're playing ACC teams every night and can't schedule the Sisters of the Poor any longer, the true ineptitude of Bzz will reveal itself in all of its gruesome glory...
It was more difficult than last year's schedule.

Just because teams don't have name recognition does not mean they're the equivalent of D3 schools.

According to kenpom, it is a harder schedule. Although It is much easier at the top than last year's schedule.

Yeah. Kenpom may say it's a harder schedule over all, but there were more tourney teams on last year's schedule.

AI was the best guard on our team last night haha.

The guy with 0 pts, 0 assists, 1 rebound was our best guard? Please. The other guards might've had an offnight but that doesn't mean you resort to the lowest common denominator.

The guy with 0 pts, 0 assists, 1 rebound was our best guard? Please. The other guards might've had an offnight but that doesn't mean you resort to the lowest common denominator.

You clearly weren't at the game based upon that. AI was the only one who looked like he gave a damn when the ball wasn't in his hands. I had 0 problem with him getting as many minutes as he did.

off night? at least one of the guards had a night that is pretty much what he does every game. that's not pretty.

You clearly weren't at the game based upon that. AI was the only one who looked like he gave a damn when the ball wasn't in his hands. I had 0 problem with him getting as many minutes as he did.

This. Aaron Ingle played much better defense than TC or Fields. Trying to judge his performance with the stat sheet is stupid IMO.

Ingle was the only guard we played last night that I actually trusted to bring the ball up and run the offense. Against Wofford.

:(

Back