• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Buzz, Preseason

Do you approve of the job Jeff [Redacted] is doing as Head Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to be Buzzin but by the end of last season I was Buzzwaiting.

The recent recruiting successes bumped my vote back to Buzzin but it's close. Probably revert back to waiting after the season starts.

The question is do you approve the of job Bzzz is doing, so up to now I'll say no. That can change depending on what happens this season. If I see a better team on the floor, which is not completely dependent on wins and losses since we could've had *almost the same record last season and looked like a better team, then my mind could change.

* I say almost because their is no excuse for not reaching 10 wins last season if we don't lose to Stetson and Presby.

im buzz-meh. i think he was a low-upside hire with bad results so far in a tough situation. the recruiting has been ok which keeps me from being buzz-out, but i dont think ill ever be buzzin because i cant see him ever taking us to a final 4.

im buzz-meh. i think he was a low-upside hire with bad results so far in a tough situation. the recruiting has been ok which keeps me from being buzz-out, but i dont think ill ever be buzzin because i cant see him ever taking us to a final 4.
This. He had a really difficult situation, and performed how you'd expect someone to perform in a really difficult situation. I'm more optimistic about the recruiting (I do think he's one of the better recruiters in the ACC right now), but I'm not Bz-in. I'm just not Bz-out, either.

It's easy to respond passionately and crucify the guy, but very little of last year was honestly his fault. I want to see how he does over the next two years before I make any definitive statements on his ability to coach this team.

This. He had a really difficult situation, and performed how you'd expect someone to perform in a really difficult situation. I'm more optimistic about the recruiting (I do think he's one of the better recruiters in the ACC right now), but I'm not Bz-in. I'm just not Bz-out, either.

It's easy to respond passionately and crucify the guy, but very little of last year was honestly his fault. I want to see how he does over the next two years before I make any definitive statements on his ability to coach this team.

Yeah, we know, he's said so repeatedly.

Good summary...this is also how I feel about Michael Vick... I just don't see him ever standing on a platform with a Lombardi trophy over his head...

The problem is gonna be when we suck again this year, that won't be his fault either.

Yeah, we know, he's said so repeatedly.
Touche.

I think a lot of his quotes are overblown. I've seen just as much of him talking about this year as I have him responding to questions about last year. Now, he probably shouldn't respond to those questions at all, and doing so makes him kind of braindead with regards to media/PR, but it's a little annoying that the rest of his quotes (namely, about the progress that Tony/Travis/Carson/CJ have made) are thrown away and overlooked.

I'm giving him a "wait and see", but I have little faith that he will pull it off.

yep, at the end of this season, I will most likely be buss out or buzz wait and see, what he would have to pull off to make me solidly in his corner is way above reasonable expectations.

This. He had a really difficult situation, and performed how you'd expect someone to perform in a really difficult situation.

It's easy to respond passionately and crucify the guy, but very little of last year was honestly his fault.

You post as if you just looked as his win/loss record, instead of watching the games. Bzz is totally excused for losing a ton of games, he isn't excused for losing a ton of games by 30 points with piss poor defense, no semblance of an offensive game plan, a ridiculous turnover margin, and no rebounding. You're ignoring the difference between winning and being competitive.

Last edited:
I was Buzz-wait beginning of last season, Buzz-out by the end, and now I'm Buzz-wait again. A loss in the first five games will put me back in Buzz-out.

He inherited a program completely in the tank. I don't really give a shit if in the first two years we finish last or 3rd to last.

I just want us to start recruiting good players who are also good representatives of Wake Forest, and to get back into the Tournament again.

[Redacted] looks like he's getting the right kids next year. If he can help get the program on better footing before turning it over to a legit high profile coach or rising star then I'm fine with it.

If he spends 5 years here trying to get Wake into the top half of the ACC I'll be livid.

Back