• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Buzz, Preseason

Do you approve of the job Jeff [Redacted] is doing as Head Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was time for a culture change, with all these thug recruits stealing Ipod Nanos.

See my question is if it was a recruit issue or a coaching issue. these were skip recruits, and we never heard of these culture issues when skip was here (and i was in school then, so i imagine id have had some inkling).

Can we please stop including Gary with the likes of Tabb and Woods? He doesn't deserve that.

Don't forget Teague.

Doesn't matter who deserves what. Plenty will argue Woods didn't deserve his treatment either, and that Walker has never gotten a fair shake, etc.

That's simply the reality of Wake's program to the outside world during our collapse.

Don't forget Teague.

Doesn't matter who deserves what. Plenty will argue Woods didn't deserve his treatment either, and that Walker has never gotten a fair shake, etc.

That's simply the reality of Wake's program to the outside world during our collapse.

I tend to think that Woods deserve more benefit of the doubt than he received, but he did plea guilty while Gary was never even charged, even after police and honor court investigations.

And Teague was essentially irrelevant and was only included in the "report" in order to gain publicity.

We've been in the news for:

Beating a woman in front of her baby
Dropping out of school for a DUI and ongoing "problems"
Expulsion due to theft
Suspension due to rules violations
A player quitting and badmouthing our team and coaches
Rumored inappropriate conduct by a head coach
Sexual misconduct/rape allegations

What should we be stressing to the media instead of "culture change?" Are we supposed to be building on all of those successes as the foundation of Wake's future?

Yes, and the 1st 5 of the 7 things on your list have occurred since Bz was brought on. And I agree with TBR about Gary.

BTW, what was the rumor about a HC's inappropriate conduct? I hadn't heard anything like that since Staak. But then again, I'm a bit out of the loop these days.

Yes, and the 1st 5 of the 7 things on your list have occurred since Bz was brought on. And I agree with TBR about Gary.

BTW, what was the rumor about a HC's inappropriate conduct? I hadn't heard anything like that since Staak. But then again, I'm a bit out of the loop these days.

Yeah, I'm interested to know about Dino's inappropriate conduct, as well...

Definitely Buzz-waiting. He will need 2 more years after this one to have a fair assessment.

Buzzout to the extent that I do not think he did a good job last year and never thought he should have been hired. At the same time, I don't think we should fire him for at least another 2 years, if not 3.

So you want to see him coach for another 2-3 years? I'd call you a wait-and-see, unless there's nothing he could do in the next 2-3 years to make you change your mind.

I tend to think that Woods deserve more benefit of the doubt than he received, but he did plea guilty while Gary was never even charged, even after police and honor court investigations.

And Teague was essentially irrelevant and was only included in the "report" in order to gain publicity.

one possible crime is a bit harder to ascertain the details than the other.

Yeah, I'm interested to know about Dino's inappropriate conduct, as well...

You guys missed the big stink last year? A few posters claimed knowledge of Dino with some coeds while an assistant and again as the HC. Some believed them and some didn't but a big to do was made over it (like most everything else on a message board).

Bzz will be here to at least move in his massive 2012 class, under any circumstances. But if we look as lifeless and uninspired this season as we did all of last, he won't be here for their sophomore year. The next coach will have a nice base to work with.

Don't forget Teague.

What treatment did he recieve that he didn't deserve?

Did his girlfriend/baby mama not end up in the hospital with a fracture due to an altercation he was involved in?

Walker lost a semester, and we don't know what his involment was related to stealing a frickin laptop....and woods suspension, no arrest, and continued eligibility to play ball for violence is 'undeserved'... please explain.

He inherited a program completely in the tank. I don't really give a *** if in the first two years we finish last or 3rd to last.

I just want us to start recruiting good players who are also good representatives of Wake Forest, and to get back into the Tournament again.

[Redacted] looks like he's getting the right kids next year. If he can help get the program on better footing before turning it over to a legit high profile coach or rising star then I'm fine with it.

If he spends 5 years here trying to get Wake into the top half of the ACC [and failing] I'll be livid.

This. [with the bracketed edit] in the last graph.

Back