• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State vs. Carowhina

Pretty decent performance by UNC-CH here in the second half.

No reason that a team with NCSU's length and athleticism should give up close to 90 points a game. UNC has been on fire, but come on and put a hand in the shooter's face.

God, UNC plays so much worse when they try to slow it down at the end of games. Not sure why Roy keeps doing that.

UNC has the talent mix to be a final 4 team: great PG; inside height; great wing player. Marshall is the key. If he is injured or gets in foul trouble, they are not nearly the same team.

NCSU is flirting with .500 in this year's ACC conference. Really unacceptable when you have what I consider to be NBA 1st rounders in CJ Leslie and Lorenzo Brown and 2nd rounders in Scott Wood and Richard Howell.

The love for Gottfried is really overblown and has as much to do with just how bad Sidney Lowe was and not how good Gottfried is.

UNC has the talent mix to be a final 4 team: great PG; inside height; great wing player. Marshall is the key. If he is injured or gets in foul trouble, they are not nearly the same team.

who is the great wing player?

NCSU is flirting with .500 in this year's ACC conference. Really unacceptable when you have what I consider to be NBA 1st rounders in CJ Leslie and Lorenzo Brown and 2nd rounders in Scott Wood and Richard Howell.

The love for Gottfried is really overblown and has as much to do with just how bad Sidney Lowe was and not how good Gottfried is.

You really think this team has 4 NBA players on its roster?

God, UNC plays so much worse when they try to slow it down at the end of games. Not sure why Roy keeps doing that.

I worry about UNC in the NCAAT for this reason. I don't trust them/Roy in close games.

Well, maybe "worry" isn't the right word...

You really think this team has 4 NBA players on its roster?

I think that NCSU's team has 4 players that will be drafted in the NBA. I think Wood will flunk out of the NBA because of his lack of athleticism, but someone will fall in love with his shooting stroke and draft him.

I enjoyed that apart from State's 23-11 run after we blew it open.

Wood and Howell will never see an NBA camp let alone get drafted. And Zo is borderline first round. Their "talent" still sucks.

We've had multiple threads on games not involving wake. Your point?

Yeah, we have, and I think it shows an inferiority complex when you give a rival team the same 'Game Day' treatment you'd give our team on our OWN mb. I kinda doubt you'd see too many WFU buzzer-to-buzzer game threads over on the NCS or UNC boards, even during out better years, or their lean ones. That's because they have pride, and we don't. A guy trying to start a WFU Game Day thread would be f-fombed outta town, right?

I dunno, I'm just sick over how low our program is riding in the water these days. Go have your fun, I guess ...

Yeah, we have, and I think it shows an inferiority complex when you give a rival team the same 'Game Day' treatment you'd give our team on our OWN mb. I kinda doubt you'd see too many WFU buzzer-to-buzzer game threads over on the NCS or UNC boards, even during out better years, or their lean ones. That's because they have pride, and we don't. A guy trying to start a WFU Game Day thread would be f-fombed outta town, right?

I dunno, I'm just sick over how low our program is riding in the water these days. Go have your fun, I guess ...

You guys are basically a year behind us. We had threads about almost every single other acc team at times last year when the writing was on the wall with Sid.

This is crazy talk.

Howell is Tracy Smith-lite but with more fouls. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a decent player when he can stay in the game but he def. doesn't have the height to be an NBA big.

Wood is one dimensional on O and can't guard anyone.

I think that NCSU's team has 4 players that will be drafted in the NBA. I think Wood will flunk out of the NBA because of his lack of athleticism, but someone will fall in love with his shooting stroke and draft him.

This is hilarious. Wood has zero chance of getting a shot in the NBA. Zero.

Howell is essentially the same player as Lavoy Allen, who was drafted last season.

Agree that Wood will never get his shot off, but that won't stop some NBA exec from taking a flyer on a 2nd rounder with a non guaranteed contract.

Howell is essentially the same player as Lavoy Allen, who was drafted last season.

Agree that Wood will never get his shot off, but that won't stop some NBA exec from taking a flyer on a 2nd rounder with a non guaranteed contract.

WTF are you smoking?! Only players that have chances getting drafted on this NCSU team are CJ Leslie and Lorenzo Brown. Try again. :rulz:

No reason that a team with NCSU's length and athleticism should give up close to 90 points a game. UNC has been on fire, but come on and put a hand in the shooter's face.

NCSU is small and short in length in comparison to UNC at every position besides Leslie (maybe Brown too), who is still smaller and shorter in length than Henson, he's just quicker and a better leaper probably. UNC is just a terrible matchup for NCSU. Not surprised by the result, but still disappointed. We decided to give them the 3 all game and it certainly didn't work out the way they were shooting. Would have adjusted to that after a while but then that opens up other stuff. Tough to beat UNC when they shoot that well. REALLY hope Henson goes pro. They will have a big drop off next season if he and Barnes both leave, along with Zeller graduating. Their just a solid team this season.

Back