• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State's next coach?

Didn't he quit on bama because he couldn't handle the criticism? Sounds like State is a perfect fit for him...

Damnit. Gottfried is a hilarious hire, but I don't want this to end. Its not fair.

Good friends with the Yow family per the pack boards. That sounds familiar...

So they hired an alum and it didn't work out so they forced him to resign.

Then they go out and hire a coach who was basically forced to resign from his last job at the school at which he was an alum.

Nice job, Pack.

I will say this. At least Gottfried has a track record of success in college basketball. Seven NCAA appearances (2 at Murray State) including an Elite Eight.

Gottfried:

68-24 at Murray State, 2 NCAA appearances, no NCAA wins
210-132 at Alabama (84-83 SEC), 5 NCAA appearances in 10.5 seasons, 3 round of 32 appearances, 1 Elite Eight. Also an NIT Final 4.

Total record: 278-155, 7 NCAA appearances in 13.5 years, 5 NCAAT wins.

Good, we can still laugh at State.

Eh.

Funny that the poster formerly known as blomqvist and I were just talking last week about how Gottfried was the one who was supposedly trying to poach our recruits after Skip's death.

The worst part is that he's still better than [Redacted]

Gottfried:

68-24 at Murray State, 2 NCAA appearances, no NCAA wins
210-132 at Alabama (84-83 SEC), 5 NCAA appearances in 10.5 seasons, 3 round of 32 appearances, 1 Elite Eight. Also an NIT Final 4.

Total record: 278-155, 7 NCAA appearances in 13.5 years, 5 NCAAT wins.

I shamelessly stole this

I'm sure some PackPride poster is going to come after me for "stealing" his post

I'd trade them straight up for Buzz. I am guessing that this guy can hold a press conference without sounding like a clueless buffoon.

Back