• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State's next coach?

This is a good one from the state board:

---------------------------------------------
--- sloth wrote:

Thanks debbie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiring old friends is a sure recipe for success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------
Yep, I agree.

Sincerely,
Ron Wellman

Yes. Source is a one of the top 5 donors in Deacon Club that meets with Ron regularly.

I have to add this hilarious note. During that coaching search one of my friends was enamored with the idea of hiring Quin Snyder. He was a big Duke fan before coming to Wake and Quin was one of his favorite players. Using an AOL account with a screenname similar to MusicMan___@aol.com, he wrote this long impassioned e-mail to Snyder imploring him to take the Wake job.

A few days later, he got a response from Snyder's wife that simply said, "Thanks, MusicMan. Happy at Mizzou."

Lots of rumors on the internets about Gottfried being involved in an affair, which was a reason he was fired mid-season.

I think that's an important point by the way. The dude was fired by Alabama mid-season. That is...unusual.

Well they hired a scumbag who was kicked out of his SEC school recently... Just not Pearl. I love it.

So let's recap the coaches whom Yow either offered, approached, held discussions relating to, or sent out preliminary (or back-channel) feelers regarding the position of head men's basketball coach at NC State:

Billy Donovan
Sean Miller
Rick Barnes
Josh Pastner
Mick Cronin
Shaka Smart
Gregg Marshall

And they end up with...Mark Gottfried? Seriously? Dude was fired midseason for some anonymous, off-the-court incident from an SEC program and has been out of coaching for 2 years.

Unless Miami hires John Wooden, you seriously have to question what ACC athletic directors are doing with their men's basketball programs. Duke and UNC have never had it so easy.

Shocker that the church lady hired a friend from church.

11 years at Alabama.

3 winning conference seasons + 2 more .500 conferences seasons.

Hide the women and children.

The Maryland board has pics of the student Gottfried was banging. She's pretty hot.

I debated my OU friend on which was a better job, OU or NC State. I had a good argument until they hired Kruger and State hired Gottfried. Yikes.

Dino supposedly being brought in as the top assistant.

I hate this... Dino could have gotten a much better job than this, even if he had to wait another season. Plus, I'd like to root for Dino at his next position, and that would be impossible at State.

Not 100% sure on the Dino issue, but that's what my State source said so take it as you will!

I'm still not sure why people think Dino is some great coaching candidate. If he was, he would have rejected an offer to be State's head coach instead of accepting an offer as an assistant.

I hate this... Dino could have gotten a much better job than this, even if he had to wait another season. Plus, I'd like to root for Dino at his next position, and that would be impossible at State.

Still don't understand why people think Dino could get a decent head coaching job. Was he even considered for any of the openings this off-season? A top assistant gig at a BCS school would be a better option, imo.

ZOMG EPIC FEELINGS CAUGHT BY DEBBIE. ITS FUNNY CAUSE YOU'RE A HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING.

Predictably, the wuffies are already talking Elite 8 on packpride. Never seen such spin on a mediocre higher, oh wait, never mind.:rulz:

Debbie Yow publicly accused Gary Williams of trying to sabotage this coaching search during the press conference.

At least their coach has coached a team to the Elite Eight. Their delusion has some basis in reality.

Back