• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State's next coach?

Debbie Yow publicly accused Gary Williams of trying to sabotage this coaching search during the press conference.

That is seriously the least professional thing that any AD has ever done. But yeah, I'm sure Gary was the reason that your search was a failure. It had nothing to do with the fact that you're a dumb bitch.

I'm not saying that Dino could get a great coaching job, but assistant to the 10th choice at a school that has had five years of ineptitude is certainly not setting the world on fire. Kent St., Dayton, I even thought he would be a great fit at Providence. Those are the jobs I was thinking would be in Dino's range.

My God Debbie Yow is a complete moron. First she writes a truly inconceivable letter that directly states why no coaches want to coach there. Then she puts on the tin foil hat and accuses Gary Williams of "sabotaging" her coaching search. Where's that moron Pack fan from the other board who insisted on calling her "Dr Yow" and telling me how great she is as an AD?

My God Debbie Yow is a complete moron. First she writes a truly inconceivable letter that directly states why no coaches want to coach there. Then she puts on the tin foil hat and accuses Gary Williams of "sabotaging" her coaching search. Where's that moron Pack fan from the other board who insisted on calling her "Dr Yow" and telling me how great she is as an AD?

Can everyone see why all of us hated that bitch now?

Also, over/under 10 times that she banged Gottfried when he was 18.

I understand but if he were such a hot commodity why was he on the shelf for so long?

Oh I'm not defending the hire. Just saying it's a better hire than our panic hire was.

Can everyone see why all of us hated that bitch now?

Also, over/under 10 times that she banged Gottfried when he was 18.

I mean...the incompetence she displayed in the last 24 hours is simply mind-blowing. Egregious errors all around.

and i must add, please do not bash doofus about his info. i know where some of it was coming from and it was legit. she came very very close to a homerun that never made the papers. that is fact.

and i must add, please do not bash doofus about his info. i know where some of it was coming from and it was legit. she came very very close to a homerun that never made the papers. that is fact.

Instead she hit a foul ball off her foot (hoof)

She was hired because of her sister. At the time I guess it was a nice story, but now State fans are certainly seeing the folly. I will never understand why they named their spring game the "Kay Yow Spring Game." Not only is it not women's basketball, it's not even BASKETBALL AT ALL. Why not at least name a joint men's/women's midnight madness or whatever after her?

obrien uses the spring football game to raise money for cancer in yow's name.

I heard that quote from her on the way home and I seriously almost ran off the road. Sounds like she's the one with the grudge.

Our hire was worse, but it's funny that Yow and co. had the benefit of hindsight in seeing how badly we screwed ours up and yet STILL not only hired a similarly unimpressive retread coach who was canned from his last job, but did so in an embarrassingly public and, now with the Gary nonsense, childish and humiliating fiasco to boot.

The results of both coaching searches (WF and State) were poor. But it's the process of State's coaching search that provides a ton of additional material and fodder for critics. I mean both [Redacted] and Gottfried suck on paper, but at least Wellman didn't publicly get turned down (or shunned or spurned or "thanks, but no thanks" or whatever you want to call it) by 5+ coaches only to hire a guy during a comical, childish, and petulant press conference that is sure to overshadow the actual hire.

Our hire was worse, but it's funny that Yow and co. had the benefit of hindsight in seeing how badly we screwed ours up and yet STILL not only hired a similarly unimpressive retread coach who was canned from his last job, but did so in an embarrassingly public and, now with the Gary nonsense, childish and humiliating fiasco to boot.

The results of both coaching searches (WF and State) were poor. But it's the process of State's coaching search that provides a ton of additional material and fodder for critics. I mean both [Redacted] and Gottfried suck on paper, but at least Wellman didn't publicly get turned down (or shunned or spurned or "thanks, but no thanks" or whatever you want to call it) by 5+ coaches only to hire a guy during a comical, childish, and petulant press conference that is sure to overshadow the actual hire.
It's not the choice that needs to be ridiculed, it's the enormous expectations, deflated expectations, and f'd up public process that needs to be ridiculed. Moreover, this isn't the first time, it's the 2nd or 3rd time it's happened at NCSU.

The relative merits of each hire are still to be determined. Bzz may indeed end up as a decent coach. Same with Gottfried. I added up the experience Bzz had to work with coming into the season and it was something like 57 total minutes per game or 1.25 player bench + starting. That's pretty pathetic considering we had no floor leader either so we'll see.

As for attracting good coaches, the situations at NCSU, Wake, Miami, GT, etc is more indicative of a less powerful ACC. That's not a good sign. When the ACC had pretty exclusive TV being the league was a huge advantage. Now you get exposure at the VCUs of the league. As a coach, why do you need the ACC?

Back