• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stay Classy Dick

ONW

Reaction score
"Former Vice President Dick Cheney criticized the Obama administration on Tuesday for its handling of the September 11, 2012 terror attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, calling it 'a failure of leadership.' Cheney said U.S. leaders should have been better prepared for violence on the anniversary of the al-Qaeda attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in 2001."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-leadership---I-understand-werent-ready.html

"Obama is the worst President of my lifetime."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theov...rism-playboy-interview-jimmy-carter/24948271/

I guess the previous administrations don't criticize current administrations or war time Presidents rule is done. If anyone is an expert on being prepared on 9/11 it's this d-bag.

Bush has been relatively subdued post-Presidency. Cheney was VP and thus does not have the same obligation. Can't say I blame him. He's been accused of about everything under the sun, and it isn't like the current President wasn't (and isn't still) blaming Bush for problems. I'd be defensive too. The real wonder is not that Cheney is defensive. It's that Bush isn't.

troll.png

Bush has been relatively subdued post-Presidency. Cheney was VP and thus does not have the same obligation. Can't say I blame him. He's been accused of about everything under the sun, and it isn't like the current President wasn't (and isn't still) blaming Bush for problems. I'd be defensive too. The real wonder is not that Cheney is defensive. It's that Bush isn't.

I genuinely believe that W, while a pretty terrible president in most regards, is pretty good dude. I think he learned a lot from his father post presidency, and W seems to be very self depricating and likeable when he doesn't have the the target on him. My guess (very much a guess) is that most of the vitriol pointed W's way by liberals should actually be pointed towards his VP. Just my own personal opinion. I see a lot of similarities between Obama and W ( and have said that for a while). Both are pretty terrible presidents that kind of get backed into doing things in a manner that probably is different than what they imagined their presidency would look like. Neither has the political acumen or stature to get done what needs to be done.

I guess the difference is that Obama has pretty much gone full jerk mode this past year and half, which was something we never saw out of W. Even until the end W was working with the other side, which is pretty crazy considering how the left was vilifying him at the same time. Obama has given up doing anything meaningful and is just playing the political game, whereas even in his last year of office (2008) Bush was presenting over 5 billion in aid for aids in Africa as a part of his budget. History will not look kindly on W as a president, but I don't attribute it to his character. I cannot say the same thing regarding Cheney.

There was never any chance of working with the other side for Obama. I do agree Cheney was the person who most should have been mad at but at the end of the day Bush was president and the buck stopped with him.

Interesting to see what role, if any, Cheney has in the 2016 campaign. GOP will be all in on going after Hillary's SOS tenure, but nobody wants Cheney, Rumsfeld, or Bolton back. Jeb is going to have to keep W at arm's length and can't have anything to do with Cheney. Can't see anyone but Rand telling the Neo-Cons to STFU, but most of the GOP base thinks the U.S. gave up too early and was too soft in the Middle East. Good luck selling that to a war weary nation.

I genuinely believe that W, while a pretty terrible president in most regards, is pretty good dude. I think he learned a lot from his father post presidency, and W seems to be very self depricating and likeable when he doesn't have the the target on him. My guess (very much a guess) is that most of the vitriol pointed W's way by liberals should actually be pointed towards his VP. Just my own personal opinion. I see a lot of similarities between Obama and W ( and have said that for a while). Both are pretty terrible presidents that kind of get backed into doing things in a manner that probably is different than what they imagined their presidency would look like. Neither has the political acumen or stature to get done what needs to be done.

I guess the difference is that Obama has pretty much gone full jerk mode this past year and half, which was something we never saw out of W. Even until the end W was working with the other side, which is pretty crazy considering how the left was vilifying him at the same time. Obama has given up doing anything meaningful and is just playing the political game, whereas even in his last year of office (2008) Bush was presenting over 5 billion in aid for aids in Africa as a part of his budget. History will not look kindly on W as a president, but I don't attribute it to his character. I cannot say the same thing regarding Cheney.

1st paragraph, excellent analysis. 2nd paragraph, not excellent analysis.

1st paragraph, excellent analysis. 2nd paragraph, not excellent analysis.

Which part in the 2nd paragraph? Did W not work across the aisle all the way through his presidency despite some really long odds? Or is Obama making any effort in his 2nd 4 years to do anything but piss off his opponents? Obama is not nearly as bad as the Republicans in Congress make him out to be, but Obama still has a job to do. I respect your opinion, but going to have to say the facts disagree. You can blame the Republicans for their actions (and you would be right in doing so), but Obama still has to answer for his actions. You can't always cry to mommy that it is someone else's fault. Eventually your choices have to matter, and Obama's choice has been to give up and score political points. That is just reality. W, continued to put his nose to the grindstone and do some meaningful things in his last years. We are all responsible for the choices we make. No matter the odds.

Do you want to go to the store?

No

Do you want to go get food?

No

Do you want to walk the dog?

No

Well okay then I guess we'll stay home.

Why didn't you try to work with me about leaving the house today?!?!

LOL ^ Missing the point entirely. I already the said the Pubs are culpable. Obama is too. Its more like:

Obama: Lets go to Applebees
Pubs: No lets go Chilis
Obama: No, Lets go to Applebees
Pubs: No lets go to Chilis
Obama: AAAGH, the Pubs won't work with me!
Pubs: AAAGH, Obama won't work with me!

Fox News Reports: AAAGH, Obama won't work with Pubs!
OGBoards comments: AAGH, the Pubs won't work with Obama!

LOL ^ Missing the point entirely. I already the said the Pubs are culpable. Obama is too. Its more like:

:heart:

the best part about this is how accurate it is that politicians would choose two equally shitty restaurants to argue about

Back