• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

Compared to the combined $525 million in the two suits he settled, yes, small percentage. Compared to what average Americans make, not so much.

Compared to the combined $525 million in the two suits he settled, yes, small percentage. Compared to what average Americans make, not so much.

That kid is blow through that money buying AR-15s, donating to Steve Bannon’s defense fund, and buying hookers in Vegas. He’ll be on government assistance by age 32.

I'd wager the settlements were far more significant than $50,000. The insurers saw the attorney valuation and chance of loss and made a reasonable decision.

I'd wager the settlements were far more significant than $50,000. The insurers saw the attorney valuation and chance of loss and made a reasonable decision.

There was a breakdown somewhere on the chat thread I think by some attorneys but I don’t know.

Again, not to stand up for Trump but I think it's more likely that Kobach is lying.

Yeah, Donald Trump totally wouldn't support grifting off of a racist border wall. It would totally be out of character for him.

Yeah, Donald Trump totally wouldn't support grifting off of a racist border wall. It would totally be out of character for him.

It’s out of character for Trump not to promote it himself. But I hadn’t read that Trump Jr was heavily involved as well.

Are you saying the Lincoln Project is doing something illegal?

Not illegal - But this scam PAC was created to raise money and funnel it to its founders and board members.

In other words... it's a grift. And unsurprisingly, many here fell for the scam hook, line, and sinker because "ORANGE MAN...BADDDD"

The Lincoln Project reported spending nearly $1.4 million through March. Almost all of that money went to the group’s board members and firms run by them. The super PAC spent nearly $1 million with Summit Strategic Communications, a firm run by Lincoln Project treasurer Reed Galen. Another $215,000 went to Tusk Digital, a company run by Lincoln Project adviser Ron Steslow. Both companies received little business from other federal committees since Trump’s inauguration.

That seven-figure spending, noted earlier by campaign finance expert Rob Pyers on Twitter, comes as the group spends relatively little on direct political activity. The super PAC shelled out $364,000 to Galen and Steslow’s companies to run independent expenditures opposing Trump and his Republican allies in Congress. But just 52 percent of that money went to buying and placing ads, with the rest spent on producing the ads themselves.

That’s an unusually high rate for production costs compared to most super PACs. At least 2 percent of independent expenditures from pro-Trump super PAC America First Action this cycle were labeled as production costs, with the rest going to ad buying. And that group has come under fire from Republican operatives for spending donors’ money generously.

The Lincoln Project spent more than $19,000 on one ad opposing Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.). But just one-quarter of that money went to placing the ad online with the rest spent on production costs. In response to the group’s attacks on Senate Republicans, the National Republican Senatorial Committee called The Lincoln Project a “scam PAC” and accused its members of “lining their own pockets.” The Lincoln Project did not respond to a request for comment.

Still, Federal Election Commission filings don’t tell the whole story about The Lincoln Project’s spending. The group buys its television ads through a little-known Maryland firm called Ashton Media, according to OpenSecrets political ads database, but doesn’t disclose paying that firm in FEC filings.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/05/lincoln-project-capitalizes-on-trump-rage/

Like WandB mentioned, there was a great breakdown of the lawyer's statements and judge's rulings that convincingly argued that they settled for peanuts.

Back