• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

I assumed the fifth guy who could get 20 was Monsanto. His season high is 12 points in 11 minutes. He has the most points per 40 minutes (25.6) in the rotation. Boopie is next at 20.9.
The original list was just starters. Updated and including next season high points for a reserve:

1. Reid - 14
2. Friedrichsen - 19
3. Miller - 27
4. Carr - 28
5. Hildreth - 33
6. Sallis - 33

Sallis must have read Deacfreak07's comment and decided to do something about it.

Does today move the needle?
Don't want to bring negativity after an awesome game, but no individual game changes my criteria. It's all about making the NCAA tournament. As I've said a few times on this thread, no NCAA tournament this season or next and Forbes should be gone. After the past 3 games the team in on a great trajectory to make the tournament THIS season and this won't be an issue. Can't imagine anyone would have any complaints about Forbes if we make the tournament.

Don't want to bring negativity after an awesome game, but no individual game changes my criteria. It's all about making the NCAA tournament. As I've said a few times on this thread, no NCAA tournament this season or next and Forbes should be gone. After the past 3 games the team in on a great trajectory to make the tournament THIS season and this won't be an issue. Can't imagine anyone would have any complaints about Forbes if we make the tournament.
Kinda grumpy response but totally fair. It needs to happen in March.

But we've still got 5 weeks until we find out about the Tournament.

Kinda grumpy response but totally fair. It needs to happen in March.
Yeah, that's why I was hesitant to post after a fun, gutty win. It just seems like after every win someone comes to this thread and asks WHERE ARE THE FORBES HATERS NOW???!!!! Probably bad form to post a response, but also seemed like bad form to only post on this thread after losses.

Forbes seems like an awesome guy and I'd love for him to coach at Wake for the next 15 years. Just seems like we need to make the NCAA tournament at some point to justify that.

I think the way Forbes manages the transfer portal keeps him credible. I think he can keep us in the mix and hopefully some of these recruits end up as stars, as the transfers have been. Cam is a beast, love him, one of my favorites for a long time! PFred, he will be a star also…we all know it (keep money flowing).

At least we avoided the humiliation of being swept by State. After the game in Raleigh (not our best effort), it was a frightening possibility.

Otherwise, so far so good, but there's a lot left to do.

If you listen to postgame press conferences, Forbes is the most honest coach in the country. His command of the game is remarkable and he shares his knowledge with the public. It is so refreshing. Light years from paint touches. Can we keep getting players going forward? I don't know, but his honesty and straightforward is a beautiful thing.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Great game atmosphere yesterday. The Joel has not been that way in a long time. It was a lot of fun. While we still have work to do in order to lock up our spot in the tournament, the win yesterday gives us a fighting chance. Forbes leading us to the tournament either this year or next is the accomplishment that will be the ultimate judgement on the job he is doing.

I thought the team was tight especially early yesterday and caused us to not play our best basketball. To Forbes credit…they seemed to relax and execute much better in the second half. I believe Forbes ability to keep the team loose and trust him is one of his best strengths. It was on display yesterday. Hopefully our discipline and focus will continue to improve and lead us to a needed road win over a quality opponent. Monday in Durham would be a great place to start…and pretty much punch our dance ticket.

Go Deacs!

I feel like Forbes coaching is getting better. This certainly isn't NW Florida St or ETSU. Coaching at this level is different and I do believe that Forbes is improving as a big time head coach. Must also give credit to the rest of the staff for their input and working together. I also believe that, one of these days very soon, Forbes and the Deacs will pull off something big...maybe a 29 point win in the fire hazard known as Cameron Indoor??? A run through the ACC tournament where the NET doesn't matter? Something even bigger?

Back