• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

takes over moribund program during covid that had had one decent ACC season in 10 years. After covid year has gone 31-22 in the ACC over 3 years.

If you think he is remotely close to any hot seat, then well...................
If anyone stills blames Covid for anything current, then it is clear they are trying to duck ongoing poor performance.

takes over moribund program during covid that had had one decent ACC season in 10 years. After covid year has gone 31-22 in the ACC over 3 years.

If you think he is remotely close to any hot seat, then well...................
He's not and shouldn't be. Any argument otherwise is just silly at this point.

And he wasn’t blaming COVID for anything, in fact he removed that year from his point… Forbes is 31-22 in ACC games past 3 years

I’m also not sure why Covid matters. Bball teams can flip instantly season by season. It’s only 5-8 guys. It’s not football where time truly needs to be spent building something. ACC POY dudes are great. But we could win the ACC POY for the rest of eternity and I’d rather make the tournament every single time.

Recruiting HS kids is usually a two- three year process. Wake was a tough sell on the heels of the lost decade. Covid made it impossible for Forbes and staff to personally contact kids (not zoom etc.) It takes a few years to build credibility. This season's portal group is the best yet. I view it as progress. Freshmen class providing one rotation guy is pretty good. Plus some potential rotation pieces for next season.

ETA: Plus, the NIL pot was very tiny before this year.

We had our best shooter with a couple open looks to cut it to 2 with 30 seconds left.

Our guys missed wife open shots all night.

Forbes isn't missing wide open shots.
Great point. I've felt from the beginning this was a ridi8culous thread. What Forbes has accomplished after the disaster of our two previous coaches is remarkable. All a coach can do is put the team in position to win. Neither John Wooden or anybody else could win with guys shooting 28%(most of which were open looks).

You mean the return to the office repression of the worker?

Technology solved many RTO scenarios. It's just utter fantasy to think it did not. Just like some want to deny AI exists. The workplace changed thanks to fiber (not oatmeal), software and ingenuity. The ones who are pissed are those holding enormous debt on commercial space. I'd be pissed too. The world changed overnight on them.

Oh, and I'm long retired so have no dog in this fight. But thinking people are going to return to bee-hive hairdos, electric typewriters and socialize around a water cooler is not gonna get ya far.

Technology solved many RTO scenarios. It's just utter fantasy to think it did not. Just like some want to deny AI exists. The workplace changed thanks to fiber (not oatmeal), software and ingenuity. The ones who are pissed are those holding enormous debt on commercial space. I'd be pissed too. The world changed overnight on them.

Oh, and I'm long retired so have no dog in this fight. But thinking people are going to return to bee-hive hairdos, electric typewriters and socialize around a water cooler is not gonna get ya far.
Companies who want people to go back tot the office need to provide the right technology so that the office becomes a destination. It can be done

Technology like free snacks, drinks, and regular pizza parties?

studies have shown those things don't draw actually. Free drinks are considered really nice perk....but it's the actual tech and layout of the space that draws people
I'm trying to get a two 32" monitor set-up at work for reviewing contracts with my aging eyes. My CFO has approved it. It'll be nice with the Masters coming up in a few months!

did tech companies sponsor those studies?
i think the ones i saw were corp real estate organizations. The point was snacks, drinks and pizza parties aren't sustainable. you have snacks and drinks at home... differentiating the user experience and the employee experience in the actually building itself was what impacted people going into an office or not.

Back