• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

I've generally been in support of Forbes, though I'm certainly not in the "any modicum of improvement is good enough regardless of whether we ever make the NCAA tournament again" camp. My view of him after this season will be heavily influenced by what he does with Cam. I personally hope he benches Cam for the first half against Pitt. If he doesn't make any clear effort to rein Cam in for the remainder of the season, that will be a big disappointment.

that camp doesn't exist, except with birdman, who wants to have a beer with Forbes (I'm in for beers as well)

of all the issues this team has, post scoring might be the second least after free throw shooting. big man depth is a problem bc marsh and keller are still unplayable but reid and carr are way above average in the post, which is probably the one thing that is totally optional to have in your offense anyway

Guys this is not an argument for Manning to be head coach. Cmon. That was never the discussion.
I get that we all sometimes feel the need to defend bad arguments that we’ve trapped our selves in on the internet, but it’s ok to apologize and admit you were wrong for bringing up Manning and the concept of quality in the same post on a Wake forest sports message board. Just say “yeah whoops, what was I thinking.” and then we can all move on with our afternoon.

I get that we all sometimes feel the need to defend bad arguments that we’ve trapped our selves in on the internet, but it’s ok to apologize and admit you were wrong for bringing up Manning and the concept of quality in the same post on a Wake forest sports message board. Just say “yeah whoops, what was I thinking.” and then we can all move on with our afternoon.
No this is dumb. I think we're better off being able to break things down critically.

I'd rather go 0-30 with Forbes as my coach than whatever record Manning could muster. And I'd rather not have a basketball program than have Buzz in any way associated with the program.

The problem is that too many folks act like those are the only options. They aren't.

I'm glad we went from indescribably awful to a bubble team. But neither is enough to reclaim the amount of attention I once allocated to WFU basketball. I'll now watch if I'm home and realize it's on. I used to plan my days around games. I want to do that again.
I think we’re close. Forbes needs to manage Cam and Boopie and keep the team in tact. Deb AntonellI on the telecast yesterday said the ACC goes through Wake. Odd but I swear I think it’s true. The D is getting better, and I don’t know that anyone can beat us when everyone is on the same page and playing with confidence on offense. This Team is scary. Just inconsistent and frustrating for us.

I love Forbes and he definitely has forgotten more about being a coach than Manning will ever know. Didn’t mean Forbes is an inferior coach to Manning, just meant it’s frustrating we keep choking in February and even a dumbass like Manning managed to get to Dayton. Yes I admit it was a horrible, emotionally charged take. I will take 24 hours to cool off after a loss before posting. I’ve only been a diehard fan of Wake since Bz so all I’ve seen is frustration and losing, never got to see the glory days. So I may be more sour than others.

We are 3rd in the ACC in scoring, the only team with 2 players in the top12 in scoring and the only team with 4 players averaging 10+ points a game. Efton is also the 7th best rebounder in the league.

We do have some weaknesses but we do not lack talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Defense wins championships and we can’t seem to play a full 40 minutes of D. We need some defensive stoppers like Beekman and Dunn.

Forbes got out coached today. Basically said so himself in the postgame saying Bennet is the best coach in the ACC and top 5 in the country which he is. Switch coaches today and Wake coached by Bennet wins. Nobody is better at situational basketball than Bennet. Since his loss to us he is 9-1, since our win over UVA we are 3-5 (guessing here). They are doing more w less and a solid 3rd in the conference And in the dance. We are doing less w more and in great danger of missing the dance.

For all of those who have said for the past 5 games each are a must win, I now believe Tuesday night is just that
And guess what? Bennett starts with defense and he wins with that plus his great coaching. We are doing less with more and Bennett with our talent would be unstoppable.

And guess what? Bennett starts with defense and he wins with that plus his great coaching. We are doing less with more and Bennett with our talent would be unstoppable.
Bennet with our talent would suck the life out of them and it would be misery. I’d rather be mediocre than set basketball back to the 50’s

Lol, ok dude. Good luck winning people over to your argument that Danny Manning had an ounce of skill at coaching.

I’m not sure what point MichDeac is really trying to make here, but it’s also dumb to suggest Manning didn’t have talent at this one narrow aspect of coaching. He did, he just sucked at literally everything else.

What an asinine statement
Definitely ranks near the top of bizarro statements and completely agree with original sentiment. Forbes isn’t able to recruit HS players well and you are only going to keep getting so lucky with the portal transfers turn All ACC so often and even when he does it is a player or two and not the depth we need. And ultimately whether it’s continuity with players or just inability to coach D and basic fundamental basketball we regularly play poor D and sloppy basketball with what appears to be no accountability. No creativity during games trying to switch things up with a zone D or half court press, etc. just roll the ball out and keep getting same results in key road games. Odom turned it around in 2 years and Staak left a mess and Skip kept it rolling.

I think we’re close. Forbes needs to manage Cam and Boopie and keep the team in tact. Deb AntonellI on the telecast yesterday said the ACC goes through Wake. Odd but I swear I think it’s true. The D is getting better, and I don’t know that anyone can beat us when everyone is on the same page and playing with confidence on offense. This Team is scary. Just inconsistent and frustrating for us.
say what?

So just so I understand WCD you’d rather lose than have Tony Bennet’s record over the last 10 years which includes conference championship, a Natty and the best record of all ACC teams during that time. If that’s the case I assume you just like to watch basketball and could care less if they even keep score.

Ive been on these boards a long time but that post from you is now the craziest I’ve ever seen and will never be topped.

Back