• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Honestly it didn't feel as close as the score. Every time we closed in we either missed an open shot or couldn't get a defensive stop. I never once felt like we were going to win in the second half. Turns out that was a correct feeling. We could have played for another 20 minutes and I think it would have gone about the same. I mean we haven't won there going on 3 decades?

The only reason we didn't get worked is because duke looked pretty garbage most of the game as well.

Whoops, wrong box score, conflated with another of our 25 years of losses in Cameron. Sorry, they all run together. Point still stands. This was the game where we never led at all, not even for one second from box to wire, and we didn't even have the late flurry at the end. The game was never in doubt. At any time in the second half did we have a chance to win? Nope. We got worked.

It seems we were all caught by a hoax

Reid, again is the key for tomorrow. He needs to avoid those silly fouls that he’s been prone to early in the game, and then we need to feed him as much as possible if Flop plays him straight up. And you know what…I’m calling it - biggest game for Damari since his return. I think he’s going to light them up.

I never thought we had a good chance to win in the at Duke game, even when we got it to within a possession.

I wouldn't describe it as getting worked.

Felt closer in the '22 game where the mood really started to change down the stretch. You get it in your gut. Never had in for this game.

When we tied it at 27 right before half, despite playing horrible and missing a million open shots, I thought we'd come out strong, start making shots, and win. We didn't. Duke fans in the building were definitely nervous the whole time though.

I just never felt that vibe shift like "Oh, Duke is in trouble" which I did in '22. I mean this is totally subjective sports talk radio stuff. But you know the feeling when you are on your feet watching the game.

I had it against Clemson in the last Hartman year and for that '22 Duke basketball game. When it's a big.

Probably a few others I'm forgetting. It didn't hit for the at Duke game this year.

I remember Walton hitting a big corner 3 and it was on. We had a few stops and I thought this was the breakthrough game, finally, to end this disgusting streak. I remember even having back-and-forth with Strickland during that game cause I thought we were cooked and he chided me for bailing too early. He was right.

Duke had a working margin for almost the entirety of the second half. So pretty much the entire second half (in addition to most of the first).

We have 20+ years of history in Cameron, and every meaningful road game this season, from which to determine that we weren't winning that game if it was even remotely close. We needed to be up by 10+ for the majority of the game to even have a shot to hang on at the end like a cat on a screen door. If you look at that chart, combined with said history, and think that we were going to win, then I don't know what to tell you. The outcome of that game was never in doubt.
Unless we are ahead by 10 we are getting “worked”?? That’s a definition, I guess.

I remember Walton hitting a big corner 3 and it was on. We had a few stops and I thought this was the breakthrough game, finally, to end this disgusting streak. I remember even having back-and-forth with Strickland during that game cause I thought we were cooked and he chided me for bailing too early. He was right.
1708720191088.png

I like how people use their own inability to conceive of good outcomes for the Deacs as proof of anything.

True, but we all collectively watch a ton of Wake Forest basketball, and often have perceptions of the way a game will flow based on intuition and experience. Of course there are many variables that make this ultimately a tricky exercise.

Back