• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Was it Boeheim that Buzz was all in love with? That they use to get shitty rotisserie chicken and stroke cocks? or am i thinking of another coach?
Not sure the coaches but you're thinking about cocks be stroked. Enjoy the fap.

I love Brey.
I loved Jay Wright too and a lot of non-Wake fans probably appreciated Roy Williams. It's sad to see the current state of affairs drive away coaching legends. The longer this free for all sticks around the more we'll see shady figures in coaching and the less we'll see high class coaches that care about their players like Brey, Wright, and Williams. Reason #5894958947 why "NIL" in its current state of complete deregulation is actually bad for players.

I loved Jay Wright too and a lot of non-Wake fans probably appreciated Roy Williams. It's sad to see the current state of affairs drive away coaching legends. The longer this free for all sticks around the more we'll see shady figures in coaching and the less we'll see high class coaches that care about their players like Brey, Wright, and Williams. Reason #5894958947 why "NIL" in its current state of complete deregulation is actually bad for players.
Yes because CBB was absent minus a few of coaches that were shady characters before NIL. /s

Yes because CBB was absent minus a few of coaches that were shady characters before NIL. /s
Lol, Nahhhh college basketball always was full of good guys like Calipari, Coach K, Adidas and Nike shoe reps.....

Mike Brey has been coaching in the same place for 23 years and has been mediocre for the last 5 or so. Roy Williams was 71 years old. How long do you think they would’ve stuck around without NIL?

My sweet summer child, I submit that you have a LOT to learn about CBB history. There have always been coaches who were shady, and coaches who were so shady they resembled a black hole. If the point shaving scandals in the past didn't kill college basketball, NIL won't either. It just won't be the way you want it to be.

Mike Brey has been coaching in the same place for 23 years and has been mediocre for the last 5 or so. Roy Williams was 71 years old. How long do you think they would’ve stuck around without NIL?
Roy who cares, another couple years at most. Brey said this is why he's stepping away in an interview so idk maybe a few years. REALLY hope ACCN gets him a gig, that would be must watch.

The bigger thing pushing people out (besides age) is just how hellish recruiting has gotten that doesn't involve NIL. It's a major issue both in football and basketball right now.

Football you're spending January, mid April to end of May, any time you get from Sept to Nov, and the weeks leading up to signing day in December traveling to do in homes, shake hands with HS coaches, and evaluate guys. Somewhere in there you're coaching your own guys and prepping for games (which is why analysts who have been former coordinators or head coaches is all the rage right now)

Basketball same sort of thing just different timeframes. You have a road game #OnATuesday and then have to get on a flight to go evaluate some 2024s either that night or early in the morning and then be back wherever on campus to well, go be a coach.

Obviously they get compensated extremely well for it, but it's an exhausting job to say the least. It's why people were a bit shocked Rhule came back to CFB and why a guy like Brad Stevens wasn't ever coming back to be a CBB coach even before the cushy office job with the Celtics. It's just a serious grind right now. Which stinks, but everything has to evolve

I believe I saw where Roy Williams said that he didn't enjoy sitting in a recruit's living room with the recruit, parents, and the agent and having much of the conversation be with the agent.

Back