• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Anatomy of a perfect Forbes press conference.

1. Recall intricate details of critical game moments and credit the kids when they execute (Carr's screen that pulled the defender to Tyree and got Daivien enough room to shoot)
2. Reference some metrics that explain either good or bad portions of the game and support decisions that were made strategically
3. Pull out some old school basketball history (the Louie and Bouie show!?)
4. Make some self-deprecating jokes
5. Hold players accountable (Bobi has worked hard to become an "adequate" defender).

Both Forbes and Clawson are such great listens. Not sure it gets much better.

An offseason with Forbes is going to mean significant improvement from Carr, Bobi, Cam, Keller, and Marsh. Let Monsanto and Ituka get healthy. Bring in a transfer PG and some very talented freshmen. We will be better next season.

An offseason with Forbes is going to mean significant improvement from Carr, Bobi, Cam, Keller, and Marsh. Let Monsanto and Ituka get healthy. Bring in a transfer PG and some very talented freshmen. We will be better next season.
I had the exact same thought, but that PG note definitely concerns me. Would really like to see more on that.

But otherwise, completely agree.

I had the exact same thought, but that PG note definitely concerns me. Would really like to see more on that.

But otherwise, completely agree.
True, but Wake has to be THE preferred landing spot for a transfer PG (barring NIL $). Even announcers have been making that pitch to anyone watching.

I hope Steve gets a raise, contract extension and some more help with NIL to grab some talent out of the portal.

That was one of the best ACC tournament performances we've had in a long time, after losing one of our best players.

Credible. Lock. Delete. We have good talent coming in and this team (minus Tyree) has a year to get better.
I'm happy with how the team played. But the bold is just damning with faint praise.

She went from putting up “Wanted” posters for recruits to starting a NIL collective. What a success story!

The irony here is that literally everyone on the board of the "collective" is a dude.

Back