• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

we really took odom and skip for granted

making the tournament wasn't a big deal
You can give them credit but this is a whole different era of college basketball. There are way more teams nowadays with a realistic shot at an at-large bid yet the number of at-large bids hasn't changed. There are more major conference teams. Mid-major conferences have a better shot at multiple bids. Every game is televised. As a result, the ACC is weak. Wake has less of margin for error than 20-30 years ago.

You can give them credit but this is a whole different era of college basketball. There are way more teams nowadays with a realistic shot at an at-large bid yet the number of at-large bids hasn't changed. There are more major conference teams. Mid-major conferences have a better shot at multiple bids. Every game is televised. As a result, the ACC is weak. Wake has less of margin for error than 20-30 years ago.
14 years since an NCAAT appearance...

This team might just suck worse, comparatively speaking, than the football Deacons.

How many more Coaches must lose before ya'll realize it's not the Coach?

Our alums do not support the team financially or with our presence. We have needed a proper home basketball venue for 50+ years. We need a real NIL pot for men's hoops.

Steve Forbes is a really good Coach. He's won everywhere. The people wanted him, the people got him. It's not the Coach.

I agree with DR. SMH
It’s not the coach. I’m not sure a school with 5,500 undergrads can be competitive regularly in an NIL world.

I agree with DR. SMH
It’s not the coach. I’m not sure a school with 5,500 undergrads can be competitive regularly in an NIL world.
Even in basketball? Football- I’m skeptical, but basketball? How the hell is a place like Providence College successful then?

[Wake loses 10 point halftime lead]

donaldross: the alumni did this

I’m just going straight numbers. If every Wake alum gave $10 and every Providence Alum gave $10 toward an NIL. Providence would have more money to spend on basketball
I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. They don’t have the types of donors we have. I doubt they’re killing it with NIL.

You forget Duke had a kid name Jalen Johnson who quit on the team mid season?
I did actually totally forget that. I still think the Bobi thing should have been avoided. When I used to hang out with Duke players in college, K was up their ass. Like they didn’t make a move without him knowing. I hate K but I don’t think Bobi happens in that environment.

Guys, all we have to do is build an OCA and we win that game last night in Charleston, SC. The answer has been staring us right in the face for thirty years but our alumni don't care and are all losing on the scoreboard of life.

Jimmys and Joes win games. They don’t go play home games in morgues.

How many more Coaches must lose before ya'll realize it's not the Coach?

Our alums do not support the team financially or with our presence. We have needed a proper home basketball venue for 50+ years. We need a real NIL pot for men's hoops.

Steve Forbes is a really good Coach. He's won everywhere. The people wanted him, the people got him. It's not the Coach.
You are such a piece of crap. Yeah, we really needed a proper venue when Odom was winning ACC titles in the 90's and Skip was having his success in the 2000's. The Joel was a tough place to play, it ain't the venue it's about the results.

Guys, all we have to do is build an OCA and we win that game last night in Charleston, SC. The answer has been staring us right in the face for thirty years but our alumni don't care and are all losing on the scoreboard of life.
A portable one that we can take with us everywhere, that's the ticket!

You are such a piece of crap. Yeah, we really needed a proper venue when Odom was winning ACC titles in the 90's and Skip was having his success in the 2000's. The Joel was a tough place to play, it ain't the venue it's about the results.
I get what you're saying but comparing now to the 90's is very different. People can stream games and don't have to attend. In the past folks may have driven 3-4 hours for a game and now they can just watch at home. Or, they can stay home and watch the Duke/UNC/out of state team at home. And don't even get me started on ticket prices/concessions. But yes, if we started winning those issues would likely be solved.

Back