• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Steve Forbes was not my choice to be our basketball coach. He was all of yours.

However, Steve Forbers is a very good college hoops Coach. He’s not the reason we are losing. Firing him and hiring another old man is not the answer. He’s going to leave anyway now that he sees what he has to work with.

We need to plan for 2035. We need to start a real capital campaign exclusively for college basketball. We need to get 10 more Mit Shahs and 1000 more folks kicking in 20k rather than blame the Coach.

Instead, we alienate our donors and point fingers.

Steve Forbers is a very good college hoops Coach. He’s not the reason we are losing. Firing him an hiring another old man is not the answer. He’s going to leave anyway now that he sees what he has to work with.

We need to plan for 2035. We need to start a real capital campaign exclusively for college basketball. We need to get 10 more Mit Shahs and 1000 more folks kicking in 20k rather than blame the Coach.
None of us chose the coach. And you’re not giving $20k. In fact, you’re doing worse than giving nothing. You donate to the schools that we play against!

However, Steve Forbers is a very good college hoops Coach. He’s not the reason we are losing. Firing him and hiring another old man is not the answer. He’s going to leave anyway now that he sees what he has to work with.

Instead, we alienate our donors and point fingers.
You are such a hypocritical windbag.

3 decades later, Wake alums still don’t understand that players don’t like to go play for schools who play home games in a morgue.

We certainly don’t need fans like you who show up and put headphones in and watch other games on your phone the whole time while you sit on your hands.

I definitely watch my friends games on my phone for sure. Both Western Carolina and Cincy had great games tonight. You will bust me like that every time they are playing.

That’s sort of the point isn’t it. The undergrads need the best seats. Not old men.

67eb2f740834a77e8ed127c069bc4937.jpg

e0e2a72db46556c35db0a899fce6a375.jpg

Here’s something that frustrates me about Forbes. These two moments from the last two games show our players on the floor, double teamed, trying to get out of impossible situations. And he is folding his arms in one pic and has his hands on his hips in the other.

I cannot understand why he isn’t frantically using one of our timeouts to preserve the possession. This also happened to Reid another time in the UVA game.

It isn’t as though Forbes is holding onto the timeouts for some other purpose. Help your players out, Coach.

As I said, it happened at another moment with Reid earlier in the game.

It isn't just these two incidents; they are emblematic of his refusal to intervene in those moments ever since he got here. He doesn't use timeouts to stop the other team's run (which is debatable) and he doesn't use them to get his players out of jams.

He rarely finishes games with all his timeouts spent, so why not use them to preserve possessions.

Tonight he used a timeout which slowed a massive run. They got it down to 4 and it was a great use of one. We stopped that run and pushed it back up to 9.

He needed the remaining timeouts late. I think our entire staff does a great job of in game coaching. Obviously they do a great job in the portal.

We are just not able to recruit quality high school players which is what you have to have as a base. We need a better atmosphere and more money to do that.

Also can we just give it a break on calling the Joel dead? It's not like we have 20k students like all of these other schools, and even then, it still gets loud. It's been loud multiple times this season. Are the games you guys are going to against NJIT or something?

Edit: Just opened up Twitter and saw a tweet mentioning we've only been beat in the Joel THREE times since 2021. I truly don't get the hate.

Last edited:
Also can we just give it a break on calling the Joel dead? It's not like we have 20k students like all of these other schools, and even then, it still gets loud. It's been loud multiple times this season. Are the games you guys are going to against NJIT or something?

Edit: Just opened up Twitter and saw a tweet mentioning we've only been beat in the Joel THREE times since 2021. I truly don't get the hate.
It’s the one thing that hasn’t been an issue.

It's only a problem for just one of us.

We have lost with 5 straight Coaches. It’s not the Coach. Forbes is a likable, good Coach.

We haven’t given him the tools to win. He needs a big NIL pot and a proper stadium.

We need to start planning for 2035. 10 years ago we needed to be planning for today. Same with 10 years before that.

It’s on the alums to give the team the facility and money to win. When you lose for 30 straight years, the problem is us not a Coach.
Did anyone remind DR we're 10-0 at home this year?

Back