• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

ACC records the past 1.5 years:

Duke - 20-7
UNC - 20-8
Miami - 20-8
Wake - 19-9
UVA - 17-10
Notre Dame - 16-12
Clemson - 15-13
Cuse - 14-14
FSU - 14-14
VPI - 12-14
Pitt - 11-16
State - 9-19
BC - 8-20
Georgia Tech - 6-22
Louisville - 6-21

Was mentioned on the broadcast last night that Forbes has now beaten every team in the ACC.

yeah Clemson was the only one left
Interesting.

Bz: UVA ('11)
VPI ('12)
BC ('12)
GT ('12)
NCSU ('13)
FSU ('13)
Miami ('13)
UNC ('14)
ND ('14)
Clem ('14)
Duke ('14)

UMD, Cuse, Pitt- never
UMD was in the conference his full tenure. Pitt, Cuse, and ND only joined in 2014.

Manning: GT ('15)
VPI ('15)
NCSU ('15)
Miami ('15)
Pitt ('15)
BC ('16)
L'ville ('17)
Cuse ('18)
FSU ('18)
ND ('19)
Clemson ('20)
UNC ('20)
Duke ('20)

UVA- never

Good thing he got that sixth year to round out his list.

By all accounts we only got Clawdog thanks to Buddie, as I have no doubt Wellman would have scared Dave away. Grobe and Prosser were great hires out of the gate, but all down hill from there and as much as I love Grobe and Prosser I don't think they will make top 5 ACC coaches of all time. Unfortunately Bzz and Danny boy are definitely bottom 5 all time and what is worse is it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO APPARENT to EVERYONE in the world after year 2 and WE STILL KEPT THEMMMMMM BOTH (repeat BOTH times!!!!) for 2 years or more!!! IT was nonsense and Wellman couldn't get out of his own way through the whole fiasco as everyone in the nation saw we were a joke except him.

The all caps and exclamation points were a bit therapeutic so thanks for playing along and apparently I still have some issues from the years I try to regress out of memory.
oh the memories
redacted game #1

1674071673134.png

It really is. They're likely two of the worst 5-6 coaches in ACC history.
Interesting question. Off the top of my head, Bob Wade, Les Robinson, Kevin Stallings, James Johnson, Bob Staak, [Redacted] and Manning (in some order) have to be the list for post-1980. Anybody I am forgetting?

There is a direct correlation between the pussification of America and the nerd's conquest to ruin sports.

Interesting question. Off the top of my head, Bob Wade, Les Robinson, Kevin Stallings, James Johnson, Bob Staak, [Redacted] and Manning (in some order) have to be the list for post-1980. Anybody I am forgetting?
Dwayne Morrison was the 1980 coach for GT who went 4-23 (0-14). Their only 4 wins were against non D-1 schools (Flagler, University of the South, Presbyterian, and Newberry).

They weren't even remotely competitive in the ACC, with only one game in single-digits (at Maryland, an NCAA Tourney team oddly).

They also lost to something called Baptist, 74-51.

This is probably the worst ACC team of all-time.

Dwayne Morrison was the 1980 coach for GT who went 4-23 (0-14). Their only 4 wins were against non D-1 schools (Flagler, University of the South, Presbyterian, and Newberry).

They weren't even remotely competitive in the ACC, with only one game in single-digits (at Maryland, an NCAA Tourney team oddly).

I was a 12 year old kid when this team rolled into WS. We had seats in the old WS memorial coliseum pretty near the court and the first thing I noticed is that GT didn't have matching sneakers at all. they had no shoe deal with a company to provide their team with matching shoes.

Lee Goza FTW!

Because the great Brook Steppe graduated the year before.

The only other thing I remember about Stetson other than we lost to them and MRickman kept saying "hatters gonna hat" leading up to the game was we got a very nice email from the Stetson SID at Blogger So Dear pointing out that they'd actually changed their official logo recently and we were using an outdated one. Good stuff. Hats off to you Stetson

The only other thing I remember about Stetson other than we lost to them and MRickman kept saying "hatters gonna hat" leading up to the game was we got a very nice email from the Stetson SID at Blogger So Dear pointing out that they'd actually changed their official logo recently and we were using an outdated one. Good stuff. Hats off to you Stetson
Strongest memory I have is that Tony Chennault was not going to be a great player.

Credible!

Very encouraging stat but also depressing given just how long our basketball program was destroyed by Wellman.

I actually care to watch our team play. Three years ago I couldn't even tell you who was on the team.

Remember that Colorado Springs columist man he hated reducted!!

I remember exactly where I was and even the weather the day my friend called me that we'd hired "Bzdick". He was already pissed.

I had assumed, VERY POORLY, that for Wellman to have fired a coach who just went to the NCAA Tournament, he had a top 5 coach lined up who was going to be the equivalent of K or Roy. That's what happens when you "ASSUME" anything. Someone who was going to take us to the "promised land"!!!

.... then he trots out Elmer Fudd!!

Very encouraging stat but also depressing given just how long our basketball program was destroyed by Wellman.

I actually care to watch our team play. Three years ago I couldn't even tell you who was on the team.
yeah Wake bball used to be what I planned my schedule around. no way we're doing anything else if we're playing a top conference opponent that night.

I stopped watching during the Bz years, then picked back up with Manning. Got pretty invested during the Collins First Four year, then that stopped once I saw that was a fluke due to a great player. Stopped watching entirely and would be surprised when opening the ESPN app – oh we played Duke tonight. Then it got to the point where I wanted us to lose literally every game. I wanted no ammo for Wellman to use to keep him. I hear all those player names from those lost years and I couldn't tell you which positions they played except for a few.

watched most of Forbes's first year, but starting last year we became must see TV again for me and now I'm legit excited for every game.

Back