• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

I'd love a new arena, we don't need one per se. But the joel is not nice. Going into PNC or anything like that makes me feel like I'm walking into some 1980's arena that never got re done when we go into the joel. And it's never full, not even for Duke, maybe for UNC sometimes.

I am certainly not Mit Shah. But unlike you keyboard hiders, he does call me up and argue with me on occasion about what I post.

In order to win in men’s basketball, we must have a stable of really rich donors who prioritize it over football. Right now, we have exactly 1 of those. We had more but they have been alienated and moved along. We need to do better as a fan base to work together -- even when we disagree.

This is just not the time to call to fire Forbes. No one really wants our job — and they will want it even less if we did that. We need to focus on ourselves and build up a big pool of basketball only money for NIL and a stadium so we can be good in 2035. All this animosity just does not help.
Are you implying you want us to call you to argue with you irl? I guess I have some free time.

I am certainly not Mit Shah. But unlike you keyboard hiders, he does call me up and argue with me on occasion about what I post.

In order to win in men’s basketball, we must have a stable of really rich donors who prioritize it over football. Right now, we have exactly 1 of those. We had more but they have been alienated and moved along. We need to do better as a fan base to work together -- even when we disagree.

This is just not the time to call to fire Forbes. No one really wants our job — and they will want it even less if we did that. We need to focus on ourselves and build up a big pool of basketball only money for NIL and a stadium so we can be good in 2035. All this animosity just does not help.
Few too many cocktails in one of Shitsboro's four bars in between ambulance chasing sessions, Donnie?

Game was there for us to win. But it's basketball and an away game to a team near the top of the standings. It's not a horrible loss like losing to Louisville. If we win one good away game, away games against mediocre teams, and hold serve at home, we're in.
Gonna need more than that I think since we went in to ACC play at 8-3. 12-8 only gets us to 20-11 regular season. Our “best loss” right now is #23 (KP) Utah and best win is 42 Florida. @Pitt, @UVa, @ND & @VT give us great chances for road wins.

You suspect wrong.

We have been one of the worst P5 basketball schools for the last century. We haven’t had our own proper stadium in 60 years. Our academic ranking is in a free fall. And our broke alums attack those who try and help.

But Steve Forbes didn’t use all his timeouts early in the 2nd half. It must be his fault. 30 years of failure is on Coach Forbes and a guy donating millions.
Our LJVM arena is closer to campus than Smith Center is to Franklin St. JPJ is to UVa campus (both have won natties in last 7 years). KFC Yum center is to ‘Ville campus (nattie in 2013). Certainly a lot closer than PNC is to State campus. Etc etc
You are only trying to compare Waje to your favored Dookies.

x 1000000000. Forbes has already more out of this group than most coaches would. Forbes was a not just a good hire, but a great hire. Just needs time to build a real roster.
Called the portal. 4 of our 5 starters are transfers. I like them all. Get Monsanto healthy, Canka better for real play, you got 6.

Nor could we guard him in the second half. He would give Levy a head fake and waltz down the lane. No helpside D from Big E or Ellis.
You thought now would be a good time to revisit the West Virginia misery? Fanbase is on suicide watch, let’s bring up Jamal Levy being picked to shoot the free throws. We are a miserable group of assholes.

One thing we can all agree on:

The heavy majority of Wake Forest alums supported building and still support keeping the Joel Coliseum.

We can debate the Joel. But there is no debate that YOU chose it and make an annual decision to keep it.

We can debate the Joel. But there is no debate that YOU chose it and make an annual decision to keep it.

Thats because it is a non factor in the future success of our program in the NIL era. Players want the money to flow to them, not to infrastructure.

There was a time I sided with you on this issue, but the landscape shifted under our feet. Time to stop thinking like it's 2001.

Back