• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Didn’t you call everybody who is happy with Forbes soft?
I described supporters who are satisfied not making the tournament as soft. Softening or lowering of standards/expectations is actual terminology, it’s the difference between using measurable standards vs immeasurable standards. Windy has also articulated this in asking what the actual time frame or measurement for supporting Forbes is.

I described supporters who are satisfied not making the tournament as soft. Softening or lowering of standards/expectations is actual terminology, it’s the difference between using measurable standards vs immeasurable standards. Windy has also articulated this in asking what the actual time frame or measurement for supporting Forbes is.
Oh yeah sure calling a bunch of people soft was just you using real actual terminology and not being insulting at all, got it

Oh yeah sure calling a bunch of people soft was just you using real actual terminology and not being insulting at all, got it
Literally what else could I be referring to, in a discussion of fans supporting Forbes despite his not making the tournament?? The entire discussion is about how a coach’s performance should be measured.

I think that it seems like many people are just happy with Forbes and tend to accept being better vs being good. For me, if he doesn’t make the tourney this year…no matter the circumstances, then next year is make the tourney or Wake starts over

Is anybody satisfied with not making the tournament? It is literally all we talk about.
If your rhetorical is true, then what the fuck is everyone’s problem? There are a hundred posts defending Forbes by referencing every other metric imaginable - why are these posters refusing to discuss the NCAA tournament as a metric to evaluate Forbes?

If your rhetorical is true, then what the fuck is everyone’s problem? There are a hundred posts defending Forbes by referencing every other metric imaginable - why are these posters refusing to discuss the NCAA tournament as a metric to evaluate Forbes?
Because it’s annoying to talk about the hypothetical of missing the NCAAT this year when that hasn’t actually happened yet. And when we are in reasonably good position to make it.

Just the pessimism of trying to have this conversation before we make/miss the tournament this year is so lame.

You can not be satisfied not making the tournament and think firing Forbes would be idiotic and still be happy that we are 28-19 in the ACC instead of 19-28 in the ACC since 22-23. If the latter was the case, many would be more on board with criticism.

Because it’s annoying to talk about the hypothetical of missing the NCAAT this year when that hasn’t actually happened yet. And when we are in reasonably good position to make it.

Just the pessimism of trying to have this conversation before we make/miss the tournament this year is so lame.
there are a number of programs who are confident they will make the tournament, who aren’t being projected on the cut line/bubble.

The difference between our status and those programs status is measurable, and it’s perfectly reasonable to have a standard/expectation beyond our current midseason projection of bubble team. I’ve used the term “anxiety” to describe this in multiple posts.

there are a number of programs who are confident they will make the tournament, who aren’t being projected on the cut line/bubble.

The difference between our status and those programs status is measurable, and it’s perfectly reasonable to have a standard/expectation beyond our current midseason projection of bubble team. I’ve used the term “anxiety” to describe this in multiple posts.
This is all fine, and you’re entitled to feel however you like about the program and to consider the possibilities with the head coach position whenever you like.

But when optimism around the program is at its highest point in around a decade, I don’t understand why you’re so confused about the negative reaction to your pessimism and anxiety.

Do you earnestly believe you're the only one who has this anxiety? Part of the problem here is everyone on this board fears another February collapse that cost this team a tourney bid, but you're wondering why nobody else is worried. It's an absurdly tone deaf shtick.

And I've got to tackle your first part. The main reason Wake isn't "confident" is the NCAA didn't allow Reid to play almost all the non-con season and Monsanto just got cleared to play. Almost every other poster understands that he chooses cautious optimism. You choose to lean into anxiety which isn't even unique.

I don’t understand why you’re so confused about the negative reaction to your pessimism and anxiety.
bullying is bullying, I don’t have to accept it. Even if vitriol and insults were ever acceptable, I don’t think they are acceptable here. I’ve gone out of my way to explain my viewpoints.

bullying is bullying, I don’t have to accept it. Even if vitriol and insults were ever acceptable, I don’t think they are acceptable here. I’ve gone out of my way to explain my viewpoints.
Who is bullying you? Can you point to the posts?

You are first among the bullies on ogboards

Bullying?!?

Good lord. You should look at your posts on this thread.

I’m pretty sure you all either need to get a room, or mods need to let RJ back on here.

Back