• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

When I clicked on this thread, I expected it to be just memes not an actual discussion analyzing Forbes' coaching and recruiting abilities.

We just beat Duke in a game where a Wake player and former 5 star recruit put up 29 points. What are you guys even doing engaging with anyone seriously criticizing Forbes right now?

There has always been the need for a perceived antagonist of some sort for us on the boards by some of the people here. It's been this way for as far back as I can remember.

Whether it's been a coach, AD, the BOT, or even another poster, there has to be an enema of some sort or another.

If they can't find one, then they'll create the boogey man themselves. This thread on Coach Forbes is a classic example.

There has always been the need for a perceived antagonist of some sort for us on the boards by some of the people here. It's been this way for as far back as I can remember.

Whether it's been a coach, AD, the BOT, or even another poster, there has to be an enema of some sort or another.

If they can't find one, then they'll create the boogey man themselves. This thread on Coach Forbes is a classic example.
71XGwy-GItL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I care about making the (64 team) tournament. That's it. I don't think conference standings have jack shit to do with making the tournament, other than being a reflection of the underlying record that dictates admittance. If being 3rd or 4th in the ACC gets us in, then I'm happy with it. If, this year, being 3rd or 4th in the ACC is not enough to get us in, then I would not be pleased, but it would just be another in 14 years of not being pleased. And no, 2017 does not count.Well shit the fuck
Well how about waiting until selection Sunday before you start your bitching. If we miss out then talk all the shit you want

In reading this thread I came to the realization that I manage my staff like Forbes does the team. I give a lot of room for people to find their niche and sometimes it bites me in the ass on daily performance metrics, but when push comes to shove and we have a big project or deliverable then we show out.

In reading this thread I came to the realization that I manage my staff like Forbes does the team. I give a lot of room for people to find their niche and sometimes it bites me in the ass on daily performance metrics, but when push comes to shove and we have a big project or deliverable then we show out.
?

Forbes is the best coach for Wake since Skip. He fits and he has the chip on his shoulder that our program has often lacked. Looking forward to seeing the team finish strong and make some noise in March.

In reference to Forbes letting his players grow into their roles and take on leadership rather than always looking to be reprimanded. At times a player(s) may make a costly mistake but overall his players improve and reach their full potential. There may be some criticism here and there but in the big picture his style lets the team blossom. Here's hoping full potential is met in March.

In reference to Forbes letting his players grow into their roles and take on leadership rather than always looking to be reprimanded. At times a player(s) may make a costly mistake but overall his players improve and reach their full potential. There may be some criticism here and there but in the big picture his style lets the team blossom. Here's hoping full potential is met in March.
Reaching full potential and giving max performance in March is the one thing missing from Forbes teams to this point. Here's to 2024 being the year that happens.

Agreed…I have always thought it was because of our short bench. By the end of the season our starters are gassed!

Agreed…I have always thought it was because of our short bench. By the end of the season our starters are gassed!
One reason I really want Sallis, Carr, and Reid to play fewer minutes tonight.

Yes, it was a great shot and he played great. He was also fucking horrible against UVA. It would be wonderful if he could play consistent from game to game. But those fluctuations are the result of Forbes' style, and is why we are where we are.
99% of college basketball players are inconsistent in ways from game to game. Every one of your takes is grasping at straws and moving goalposts.

When I clicked on this thread, I expected it to be just memes not an actual discussion analyzing Forbes' coaching and recruiting abilities.

We just beat Duke in a game where a Wake player and former 5 star recruit put up 29 points. What are you guys even doing engaging with anyone seriously criticizing Forbes right now?
I don’t know man. The elite soccer coach is super credible. The guy can read a box score like few others and he knows when a team is getting WORKED, legitimately. Discussion seems warranted.

I don’t know man. The elite soccer coach is super credible. The guy can read a box score like few others and he knows when a team is getting WORKED, legitimately. Discussion seems warranted.
Don’t forget he also understands the impact of proper footwear better than NFL equipment guys

I’m out officially. If we can’t win outside of the Joel then it doesn’t matter.

Back