• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

Well, next season is going to be dictated by the preseason tournament (whichever one they play in). Coach is anti Q3 games, so continue to expect the Q4 home games and then a down ACC. They will have a road game vs the SEC, but will need to focus on Thanksgiving week. Rinse & repeat.

LOL. This problem far predates Forbes. I doubt he had this problem before he got to Wake. Wake is the problem.
This is such a weak mentality. So many schools hire coaches on a yearly basis who are able to assemble rosters on the fly that can succeed (e.g. South Carolina, Utah State, St. Johns, etc.). We’ve just had a long run of hiring terrible coaches. Forbes is obviously the best of the last three but he also has clear deficiencies.

The end of the season collapse was totally on Forbes. And, today, in arguably a win or forget it game, we came out uninspired. That's also totally on Forbes. If Currie has extended him to 2030, as has been rumored, then he needs to get out as well! And, BTW, fuck Ron Wellman!

The end of the season collapse was totally on Forbes. And, today, in arguably a win or forget it game, we came out uninspired. That's also totally on Forbes. If Currie has extended him to 2030, as has been rumored, then he needs to get out as well! And, BTW, fuck Ron Wellman!
What??? We extended him to 2030 after earning an NIT bid?

My point is it's not that hard to succeed in SoCon. Murry Bartow took ETSU to the NCAAT three times. And ofc you dummy couldn't deny my first statement.
So your point is that Savage sucks too?

This is such a weak mentality. So many schools hire coaches on a yearly basis who are able to assemble rosters on the fly that can succeed (e.g. South Carolina, Utah State, St. Johns, etc.). We’ve just had a long run of hiring terrible coaches. Forbes is obviously the best of the last three but he also has clear deficiencies.
It’s incredible that Pitino, a geriatric sexual predator managed to have a better season at his glorified commuter campus of a school after saying his players basically sucked. Think about that.

NCAA tournament next season or should be gone. If the rumors that Wellman Jr., uh I mean Currie, has extended him through 2030 already are true, guess it doesn't really matter if we ever make the postseason again. He's here for a long time.

With the ongoing late season issues, inability to win on the road, etc. do folks really still believe that WAKE CAN'T GET ANYONE AS GOOD AS FORBES!!1111?
If Currie already has extended Forbes, then he’s denser than Wellman.

Coach Forbes isn’t getting fired right now - his job is safe, he deserves another season, and we all care about his and his wife’s well being.

It’s still his job to get this program back to the fucking tournament, and it’s frustrating as hell that he hasn’t done it yet.

Good coaches succeed in college basketball no matter the limitations of a particular school.
That was my point I guess. Since I’m Italian and from Providence, people here still worship the guy which I basically wrote off as misguided nostalgia, but he can clearly still coach. Fuck.

Pitino’s one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all time, it’s not a fair comparison.
But he’s literally over 70, a sexual predator, recruiting to a glorified community college and telling the media his own players suck in 2024. Meanwhile, I keep hearing that Forbes is successful bc he lets players do what they want. Something to think about.

But he’s literally over 70, a sexual predator, recruiting to a glorified community college and telling the media his own players suck in 2024.
All of that is true, whatever makes someone great at coaching, he’s just got “it”. Can’t explain it.

But he’s literally over 70, a sexual predator, recruiting to a glorified community college and telling the media his own players suck in 2024. Meanwhile, I keep hearing that Forbes is successful bc he lets players do what they want. Something to think about.
It doesn't make any of those things right or ok, but when you've won two natties people don't care really care as much about that stuff

I bring up consistency a lot as a quality - tons of coaches are able to win at one school for a period of time, but can’t replicate that success elsewhere. The ability of coach to succeed to the highest levels at multiple schools over multiple decades is insane.

I bring up consistency a lot as a quality - tons of coaches are able to win at one school for a period of time, but can’t replicate that success elsewhere. The ability of coach to succeed to the highest levels at multiple schools over multiple decades is insane.
I didn't realize this until I just looked it up, but Pitino is the only coach to win championships at more than one school. Yeah one was vacated but it's still wild to me. I would have assumed there was at least one other coach to do this.

I didn't realize this until I just looked it up, but Pitino is the only coach to win championships at more than one school. Yeah one was vacated but it's still wild to me. I would have assumed there was at least one other coach to do this.
Was almost certain that Roy won a chip at Kansas and Carolina

Back