• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes

Guy spends 2 minutes and has guys running his play. Feels like that would have been an entire practice for Manning.

The fact that there ARE plays, not "get to the free throw line" is a huge improvement. More than anything, I just want an offensive and defensive identity. I'll give him a few years to get execution down (not that I think he'll need it), but having a plan is key.

Forbes was a college baseball, not basketball, player at Central Arkansas.

After graduating, his first job was in the SID's office at Central Arkansas before working his way up the college basketball coaching ranks. Since entering college basketball, Forbes has succeeded at every stop. Most interesting, after Tennessee cleaned house because Bruce Pearl's NCAA infractions (entire UT staff fired), Forbes took the head job at Northwest Florida State as he was tainted by the TN infractions. NWFS is a JUCO in Niceville, Florida which is close to Alabama, right in the heart of the Red Neck Rivera. While at NW Florida State for two seasons, Forbes went 62-6 and twice finished as the National JUCO runner up. Gregg Marshall, recognizing Forbes' coaching acumen, then hired Forbes in 2013. Forbes was on the staff when Wichita State went 35-1 before losing to Kentucky (when went to the NCAA Final) in an epic 78-76 NCAA tourney game (the Shockers only loss that season).

Just love his background. He worked his way up the ladder, got knocked down, and then worked his way back up again. Great stuff.

The fact that there ARE plays, not "get to the free throw line" is a huge improvement. More than anything, I just want an offensive and defensive identity. I'll give him a few years to get execution down (not that I think he'll need it), but having a plan is key.
Hell, I'll take player development in his first year. We've had NONE for 10 years.

Sort of all over the place. Last three years has been outside the top 200. Last year was slowest at 281/353 teams

adjusting depending on the recruits he has?

Any chance we get Jalen Johnson (Tennessee) or Ty Brewer (Southeast Louisiana)? Johnson's from High Point. Would we want them?

Any chance we get Jalen Johnson (Tennessee) or Ty Brewer (Southeast Louisiana)? Johnson's from High Point. Would we want them?

Yes, please.

We offered Jalen Johnson out of high school and he's a 6'7 wing with three years of experience on a great team. We need bodies and I'm sure he would be a welcome veteran presence.

Brewer is an undersized power forward who can shoot and played his best basketball last year against P5 teams. He would be a nice addition to our potentially really thin front court.

Yes, please.

We offered Jalen Johnson out of high school and he's a 6'7 wing with three years of experience on a great team. We need bodies and I'm sure he would be a welcome veteran presence.

Brewer is an undersized power forward who can shoot and played his best basketball last year against P5 teams. He would be a nice addition to our potentially really thin front court.

was Johnson the guy that played with Giles and Childress?

Yep. Johnson was on that team. Went to Tenn, but never played.

Is there a link to today's press conference available? Thanks in advance!

Back