• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes

Forbes calling players today. More importantly, talking to the ones who are in portal or thinking of entering. I’d say we lose 1 or 2, but don’t see much more than that.

Jalen Johnson redshirted his first year, then barely played the next 2 years on the stacked Tenn teams with Williams and Schofield. He played behind 5 star Frosh Josiah-Jordan James this past year, but when James missed some time with injury, he started to contribute a decent amount. His stats at Tenn were very underwhelming but at least part of that can be contributed to this guys in front of him on the depth chart. Would be a nice addition to this year's Wake roster.

I think Kwe was the same year as Giles and Chill and Johnson was a year behind iirc

All of them were the same year.

Johnson redshirted at Tennessee. Parker transferred from UT, went the JuCo route and is now at A&T

All of them were the same year.

Johnson redshirted at Tennessee. Parker transferred from UT, went the JuCo route and is now at A&T

Sounds like Johnson could be a grad transfer option. That would be good.

"In 1981 I got a job at McDonald's. 20 years later I was recruiting McDonald's all-Americans. I signed a couple. But most of my life I've just signed Burger King all-Americans who want to kick McDonald's all-American's ass." - Steve Forbes

Anybody want to hazard a guess what his contract is? I'm thinking maybe something in the neighborhood of $18m over six years, guaranteed? ;)

All true. I'm happy for Wake Forest. We made a good hire here and, like I said, the best hire was John Currie because he will stay on it. Wellman pulls the trigger on the hire and walks away and buries his head in the sand for 6-7 years. That won't be the Currie way.

I am excited about Forbes. The So Con really has been a great league and he has been right at the top of it through some big battles. He's not afraid of anyone. I wish he was a lot younger but it is what it is. This is the most excited I have been about a hire and that includes Skip Prosser.

Heck yeah. Liking these DR posts.

Everyone except Chaundee, right?

Pretty sure Chaundee is a goner. I’m optimistic on Sarr. Neath is getting worked on right now. Not counting Wynn and Sharone because they’ve already been replaced with DuBose and Wilkins, which are upgrades.

Back