• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes

Holy crap! What's this long-forgotten sensation I'm feeling regarding Wake hoops? Damn, it's been a while since I felt this level of optimism. I wrongly assumed Wake was going to make a bland, uninspiring hire. Credit to Currie and all involved for proving me wrong and making a really strong hire!

Last edited:
Quadry Adams and Marcus Watson still plan on coming to Wake.

As far as I can tell, the first mention of Steve Forbes on this board on February 8th, 2018:

I don't want Wellman hiring the next b-ball coach. Why would anyone think that he can get it right next time? If somehow Wellman vanished at the end of the season, and a new AD decided to move in a different direction, I would give Steve Forbes (ETSU) a look. He has totally dominated the Southern Conference and coached under Gregg Marshall. The one asterisk for him, is that he was at Tennessee when Pearl ran into his problems. I have no idea if he was involved in the issues that got Pearl in trouble.

Simultaneously the worst and best thing I have ever seen

That mask throw down was the reverse nut-punch

gZEvAl.gif

Graduation and banners. That’s it. Those are the goals. No historical competitiveness. No steps. Graduation and banners.

I feel like he's staring right at me. Let's go Deacon Nation. Let's get this done.

Back