• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

stick a fork in the season

Most definitely not - but Duke in the ACCCG? What an unreal turnaround. Get a good coach, invest in good assistants, and out-recruit schools of similar standards. Its a nice recipe - wish Wake could follow it.

Agree with that. I think the "invest in good assistants" is where Grobe went wrong. Instead as the good ones left, he promoted guys that weren't.

After last Saturday's injuries, I can't recall being this down with 3 games remaining.

FSU ? Frankly, I can easily see them getting 70+ points....just unavoidable really even with Jimbo shutting it down early in the 3rd quarter. Kinal will punt 13-14 times and poor Price will get sacked 5-6 times.

After last Saturday's injuries, I can't recall being this down with 3 games remaining.

FSU ? Frankly, I can easily see them getting 70+ points....just unavoidable really even with Jimbo shutting it down early in the 3rd quarter. Kinal will punt 13-14 times and poor Price will get sacked 5-6 times.

In the first half

I think our D can slow Duke down but how we are going to score enough points to win that game escapes me.

I agree with this too. Our D isn't bad. Not good enough to slow down the Clemsons and FSUs of the world, but definitely good enough to give us a good chance to win against mid to low level ACC teams. Our O is poor at best. Even with Camp, our offense was pretty bad. Without him, it's virtually non-existent.

With a couple more wins, and an upset of Miami - they will have achieved what Wake did in 2006. Wake's time is long gone, and only very dark days ahead.

Lets see if they do it. VT followed up their Duke loss with a BC loss.

I would be shocked if Duke wins out.

With a couple more wins, and an upset of Miami - they will have achieved what Wake did in 2006. Wake's time is long gone, and only very dark days ahead.

Nope. Not even close unless Dook somehow beats F$U in the ACCCG to go to the OB.

Watching Megatron wreck havoc on the NFL now, we had no business beating GT in the ACCCG, but we'll take it and Dook can suck it!

Nope. Not even close unless Dook somehow beats F$U in the ACCCG to go to the OB.

Watching Megatron wreck havoc on the NFL now, we had no business beating GT in the ACCCG, but we'll take it and Dook can suck it!

Our defense was pretty damn good that year; however, you cant rule out the Reggie Ball factor in GT's lack of offensive productivity in that game.

Another similarity is the kicking game. Duke has the best FG kicker in the ACC - that makes quite a difference.

Another similarity is the kicking game. Duke has the best FG kicker in the ACC - that makes quite a difference.

Better than Catanarzo (sp?) from Clemson?

Ross Martin from Duke is 6-8 (including 2-2 from 50+) and 33-33 on XPs.

Chandler Catanzaro from Clemson is 9-10 (0-0 from 50+) and 41-41 on XPs.

Roberto Aguayo from FSU is 12-12 (0-0 from 50+) and 53-53 on XPs.

Nate Freese from BC is 9-9 (0-0 from 50+) and 24-24 on XPs.

I'm not sure there is a clear cut "best" in the ACC. Aguayo and Catanzaro really haven't had much of an opportunity from distance (9 of Aguayo's FGs are from inside 30) because their team offenses are really good, but Aguayo is perfect on the season. Martin has a strong leg on him. I don't know much about Freese, but he's perfect on the season too.

And Duke is doing it in a much better ACC than what the conference looked like when we were good

Ross Martin from Duke is 6-8 (including 2-2 from 50+) and 33-33 on XPs.

Chandler Catanzaro from Clemson is 9-10 (0-0 from 50+) and 41-41 on XPs.

Roberto Aguayo from FSU is 12-12 (0-0 from 50+) and 53-53 on XPs.

Nate Freese from BC is 9-9 (0-0 from 50+) and 24-24 on XPs.

I'm not sure there is a clear cut "best" in the ACC. Aguayo and Catanzaro really haven't had much of an opportunity from distance (9 of Aguayo's FGs are from inside 30) because their team offenses are really good, but Aguayo is perfect on the season. Martin has a strong leg on him. I don't know much about Freese, but he's perfect on the season too.

I guess Martin hit his 2 50 yarders at Virginia Tech.....that puts him at the top of the list.

All the more reason to get basketball straight. Wake Forest is a basketball school. The mid-2000s were a fun anomaly, but football is not our future now that FSU has returned to powerhouse levels and the league has expanded. I agree we are headed back to the cellar of the ACC in football, for a long time.

All the more reason to get basketball straight. Wake Forest is a basketball school. The mid-2000s were a fun anomaly, but football is not our future now that FSU has returned to powerhouse levels and the league has expanded. I agree we are headed back to the cellar of the ACC in football, for a long time.

The league has expanded with two bad teams making it less likely we'll play the good teams in the Coastal. Expansion has been great for Wake and makes it more likely we'll go to a bowl and make the ACCCG. We just didn't take full advantage of FSU and Clemson being down. The rest of our division is no better than we are. I'm not convinced Louisville is going to stay at the top either.

The league has expanded with two bad teams making it less likely we'll play the good teams in the Coastal. Expansion has been great for Wake and makes it more likely we'll go to a bowl and make the ACCCG. We just didn't take full advantage of FSU and Clemson being down. The rest of our division is no better than we are. I'm not convinced Louisville is going to stay at the top either.

I would think Charlie Strong would be a "strong" candidate for job openings like USC or potentially Florida.

I would think Charlie Strong would be a "strong" candidate for job openings like USC or potentially Florida.

Definitely. I also don't think Clemson is going to stay at this level. Our schedule most years is going to be FSU and the Seven Dwarfs.

I haven't followed ACC football closely this year. All this Duke talk made me think they were having a great year. They're 2-2 in the ACC. 4-0 out of conference, against Troy, Memphis, Navy, and NC Central.

We should just hand them the ACC Championship right now.

They're having a great year for Duke and a better year than us.

They have 3 games left against terrible teams from their own state and they're undefeated with Boone healthy. They're gonna finish with as good of a record as Wake has ever had under Grobe -- with one notable exception

Back