• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Still No Bates or Carney on Depth Chart for N.C. State

Kamara, Bateman, and Basham have come on strong in the last few weeks. Should be a pretty good DL for several years.

Kamara is my man! Well, not really, but being from RVA and having seen Dortch and Kamara play, I could tell both of those guys were going to be VERY good. Dortch is seriously Heisman caliber. I certainly would never say I saw that coming, but at this stage, he looks every bit as good as McCaffrey, and as I keep comparing him to, Santana Moss. Kamara is definitely coming into his own. Very athletic and now really putting on the pounds of muscle he needs as a DL. He is the real deal. And, yes, I am a homer for the RVA kids, so take it with a little salt, but I love watching them play. So, humor me a little. Would love to see Dortch get back for a bowl game.

Spot on. Both are huge studs. We won't bring Dortch back this season but he's already shot up the ranks of my all time favorite Deacs.

Bates is probable to play.

We could have a lower scoring game of defense. I certainly think it is time our defense held their opponent to only 19 or so points.

Bates is probable to play.

We could have a lower scoring game of defense. I certainly think it is time our defense held their opponent to only 19 or so points.

A repeat of the second half defense against Syracuse would be really, really nice.

How about a repeat of both the 2nd half offense and defense for the whole game, we win 80-6

I believe Amari Henderson is probable to play as well which is reported elsewhere.

JuiceCrewAllstar, Bateman's father seemed happy to be at the ASU game, and, of course, he got to see a lot of action from his son due to the injury to ( ? ).
As I recall the brief discussion at the soda fountain, he said they had given a hard look at Tennessee and his son decided he liked WF and Clawson the best and their expectations were being well met.

Lot of commentary this week about WF defense not being good as in year’s past. Last week the D made some very noticeable progress. Some of the press commentary that the secondary was not as good as year’s past seemed overstated.
Against State our D should hush the critics. It’s time for a real demonstration of the determination this unit has had all year long.

Back