• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Still No Bates or Carney on Depth Chart for N.C. State

I get the feeling that either or both would play if this wasn't a road non-con game. The next 3 games after ND are huge and we need to be as close to 100% as possible.

Ouch.

Losing Bates is a killer. You could make a legit argument (Duke may beg to differ) that WF will be without its best offensive and defensive players on Saturday. Injuries are becoming chronic for Carney.

Bates is going to be really important against the passing game of Cuse and State, so if it means he can play after this week then I am all for sitting him on Saturday.

This seems to be a throw away season for Cade. Dude just hasn't been lucky this season. Colburn should be able to pick up the slack.

Not really worried about Carney missing the game. No slight against him, I love the way he plays and think he could be excellent, but we're fine with Colburn and Byrd. Bates is a different story. Hope he's 100% for the next 3.

Ouch.

Losing Bates is a killer. You could make a legit argument (Duke may beg to differ) that WF will be without its best offensive and defensive players on Saturday. Injuries are becoming chronic for Carney.

Yes. Best is arguable. Bates is less replaceable due to our DL depth.

I am excited to see what Luke Masterson can do, but tough place to get your first career start.

Masterson has been solid so far from what I've seen. This redshirt freshman class is impressive.

It seems to me that Clawson has a history of holding out injured players, who perhaps could play, in games that Wake has little or no chance of winning. His purpose seems to be to get them healthy for games that we can win.

Perhaps it is not as it seems; but if so, it is difficult to argue with the philosophy. However, it does mean that WF risks being humiliated on the biggest stages. Perhaps a new "star" will emerge.

Except for our starting QB and RB getting injured.

Yeah, but Hinton played well enough against Clemson and we weren't winning that game anyway and as much as I love Cade, there's not really much drop between him and Colburn. I think probably the biggest injury we'd had before the Louisville game was Haynes missing the App game. I think there is pretty big drop off when Haynes isn't in there.

Cortez Lewis continues to knucklehead. I wonder if Clawson would put Hinton in at RB over Beal if it came to that.

Cortez Lewis continues to knucklehead. I wonder if Clawson would put Hinton in at RB over Beal if it came to that.

Is there new news?

I hope he would put in Hinton over Beal.

He overslept last Friday and was suspended against Louisville. Clawson said “we’ll see” if he plays this weej

Cortez is in the Josh Adams doghouse (although let's hope he's not dealing weed on campus). Sucks because I was/am a big fan of both.

Back