• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

We shouldn’t.

If they want a bailout, ask Turks and Caicos or wherever you register ships.

Maybe I’m overly optimistic, but I don’t think anywhere in America will be as bad as NYC. There’s just nowhere with the same population density as NYC.

Other cities have similar density here and there, but nowhere is it as consistent.

8bn1.gif

Are these coming by direct deposit, or through the mail?

Yes.

I heard that if you have an account on file (i.e. you got your tax refund electronically), you can get the check electronically. Otherwise, paper.

Maybe I’m overly optimistic, but I don’t think anywhere in America will be as bad as NYC. There’s just nowhere with the same population density as NYC.

Other cities have similar density here and there, but nowhere is it as consistent.

There is also nowhere with the same density of hospitals and medical care providers and ICU beds. Sure the raw number of dead will be lower everywhere else but consider the hospital in my Alabama town. It is pretty much the only hospital in the surrounding 5 or 6 counties. It's got 50 total ICU beds and as of today had 47 active cases of confirmed or presumed patients (28 show all the symptoms but still waiting on tests). That 47 is just hospitalized cases, doesn't include all the people they said "go home and quarantine your self, if you get worse come back" to. That hospital is definitely going to be completely overwhelmed in 2 weeks.

I think I’ve mentioned this before. I have a friend who works for the Congressional Research Service. One question she regularly gets from aides of red state MOCs is “How can we increase funding for rural hospitals?”

The answer is always, “Expand Medicaid. That’s what it’s for..” And they’re perplexed.

I think I’ve mentioned this before. I have a friend who works for the Congressional Research Service. One question she regularly gets from aides of red state MOCs is “How can we increase funding for rural hospitals?”

The answer is always, “Expand Medicaid. That’s what it’s for..” And they’re perplexed.

image.jpg

That said, I have a friend at Tufts and she said they're loaning space to area hospitals.

Some more information about this.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/amanpour-an...ty-president-to-convert-campus-into-hospital/

[h=1]Tufts University President: Campus Could Become a Hospital[/h] Tufts University has transformed parts of its campus into a military-style hospital to treat the infected, and students are now using their skills to support the healthcare system. Walter speaks with the university’s president, Anthony Monaco, about their efforts.

If they’re worried about paying for it I know just the guy with a plan

he has kids too, right? married couples get $500 for every kid under 17 as i recall.

Back