• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Student section

Wow this escalated quickly. I just wanted to know if the students would be back at school in time for the game.

Georgia Tech, February 16
What's the excuse for this one rafi? (with video)

That video doesn't show the student section, so there isn't anything on which to comment. From memory, the student section was decent during that game. The game itself was a big let down.

Also, the Wake-UNC video you posted earlier was from when Wake was #4 and UNC was #3, again, not comparable to the game this year.

That video doesn't show the student section, so there isn't anything on which to comment. From memory, the student section was decent during that game. The game itself was a big let down.

Also, the Wake-UNC video you posted earlier was from when Wake was #4 and UNC was #3, again, not comparable to the game this year.

So what you are really saying is that student attendance last year was "pretty good" or "about average" for a team as bad as we were last year. Over the last 20 years the only other teams as bad as last years have been coached by [Redacted] so I guess your right since we have nothing else to compare it to.

Rafi has taken cognitive dissonance to a whole new level.

This is hysterical. What a jokester!

That's not the student section at the start of the video?

But yeah, the student section still rocks like that.
http://www.bobhebertphoto.com/Wake-Forest-Basketball/WFUbasketball2012-13/i-gMLJRZr/0/L/[Redacted]%20Barnyard%20students-L.jpg

I hear one of those guys is an author.

I hear one of those guys is an author.

Have you noticed if "[Redacted]'s Barnyard" is still at the games? I didn't post that picture to ridicule those guys- I'm glad they're going to the games and having fun. Just showing that the student section looks a bit more sparse than it used to be.

It's telling that there are a number of vids from the Dino and Skip years on YouTube that focus on the student section but I can't find any for the Bz years. Probably a reason for that.

I always assumed those Barnyard guys were pledges. If that's the case, probably not a great representative of the health of the student section overall.

Haven't seen the barnyard any this season. Actually, haven't seen many students at all.

Georgia Tech, February 16
What's the excuse for this one rafi?

Holy crap, it's more empty than we thought!

k56bfm.jpg

Haven't seen the barnyard any this season. Actually, haven't seen many students at all.

Probably just haven't been looking hard enough. There's been a healthy student turnout according to one poster.

Have you noticed if "[Redacted]'s Barnyard" is still at the games? I didn't post that picture to ridicule those guys- I'm glad they're going to the games and having fun. Just showing that the student section looks a bit more sparse than it used to be.

Haven't seen them. AD must not be paying for "[Redacted] fans" this year.

Holy crap, it's more empty than we thought!

Those panoramic pics you post tend to give a good sense of turnout. I know there's gonna be a good turnout for UNC but up until now it's tended to be sparse and that includes the student section

Probably just haven't been looking hard enough. There's been a healthy student turnout according to one poster.

If you are referring to me, then I never claimed anything of the sort. Student attendance this year has been really low. Similar to last year in the non conference games - very, very low.

The barnyard has not been present this year.

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but there has been a promotion every game this year where a screamin demons name is drawn and if present, then he or she gets $100 at the end of the game. For the first 4 games the student wasn't present, so the prize builds each game and finally at game 5 a student won $500.

The barnyard might not have all been pledges but they're all part of a fraternity. I think they just got drunk and went.

Back