• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Student work load

I sorta regret not working harder. But mostly I regret not doing more of SOMETHING. I look back and can't believe how much time I simply wasted. If I wasn't going to study I at least should have been doing something fun and interesting - go somewhere and look at something! get outside and do something! stop simply using up the hours doing very little... So much oppotunity to explore and learn and engage... mostly wasted doing nothing. Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of fun but there were a lot of afternoons and weekend days where I could have been so much more creative and proactive with my time... Oh whale! It all turned out OK in the end, I guess.

I sorta regret not working harder. But mostly I regret not doing more of SOMETHING. I look back and can't believe how much time I simply wasted. If I wasn't going to study I at least should have been doing something fun and interesting - go somewhere and look at something! get outside and do something! stop simply using up the hours doing very little... So much oppotunity to explore and learn and engage... mostly wasted doing nothing. Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of fun but there were a lot of afternoons and weekend days where I could have been so much more creative and proactive with my time... Oh whale! It all turned out OK in the end, I guess.

I think this pretty much sums up my "regrets" from college.

i guess that, of all the regrets from my college years, wishing i spent more time studying doesn't make the list.

i frankly find it odd that people disagree

Scooter hits it more clearly than I did. There is also some sense of the totality of it all (for me) - lots of time wasted doing nothing, getting behind academically put me in a position that prevented me from being able to study abroad, I had to retake some classes so I missed out on taking golf, bowling, basket weaving, etc.

I'm still a young man so I'm sure as I continue to live life, my college experience (or lack thereof) will fall further and further down the list of regrets.

the older you get the more you appreciate the chance to "do nothing."

for example, i would god damn love to sit around in my underwear on a tuesday and play a video game

The thing that y'all's 'regrets' might forget is that everything in college -- classroom, social, drinking, relationships, even that 'doing nothing' -- is a pretty fundamental learning experiences in its own way. Going away to college (especially at a place like Wake) prepares you for the world in a very different way than working straight out. Not necessarily better or worse, but certainly differently.

For some reason the "or thereabouts" cracks me up when you go to the thousandths. Like I guess it could have been 3.864 but my memory is fuzzy these days.

Haha yeah the thereabouts was a hangover from before the edit with the WIN passwords.

I regret my professor choices and the fact that my dumbass academic adviser told me that starting over a foreign language would be do-able.

It was most def NOT do-able.

The thing that y'all's 'regrets' might forget is that everything in college -- classroom, social, drinking, relationships, even that 'doing nothing' -- is a pretty fundamental learning experiences in its own way. Going away to college (especially at a place like Wake) prepares you for the world in a very different way than working straight out. Not necessarily better or worse, but certainly differently.

College definitely prepared you for a professional life...in academia.

Back