• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sugar Bowl

Some of those UF cheerleaders or whatever were real porkers. Gross.

It's insane how much better Florida is, and that's also why these bowl games are total frauds. It's a joke if Louisville wins and even more of a joke if Louisville fans think they actually accomplished something if they do win.

Wait, what?

Is this the beginning of the "we weren't motivated for that shitty opponent" defense?

At least Hogie never will have to personally worry about these pesky big bowl game things moving forward.

Or maybe he's just forgotten about them. When's the last time Maryland actually traveled somewhere besides Boise for a bowl? 2006?

At least Hogie never will have to personally worry about these pesky big bowl game things moving forward.

Or maybe he's just forgotten about them. When's the last time Maryland actually traveled somewhere besides Boise for a bowl? 2006?

Are you kidding me? A trip to Des Moines in November IS a bowl game.

Reactions: TBR
That was a sick fade ball by Bridgewater even if the WR didn't get to it. That's exactly where you need to throw it.

It's insane how much better Florida is, and that's also why these bowl games are total frauds. It's a joke if Louisville wins and even more of a joke if Louisville fans think they actually accomplished something if they do win.

Florida might be better than Louisville (though it sure doesn't appear that way), but, one thing is for damn sure, Louisville is much, much better than Maryland.

Wait, what?

Is this the beginning of the "we weren't motivated for that shitty opponent" defense?

It's not a defense. It's a fact of the matter when it comes to bowl games. It happens numerous times every year. It's so stupid when people cite bowl game outcomes to make some point the next year. These games mean nothing.

Florida might be better than Louisville (though it sure doesn't appear that way), but, one thing is for damn sure, Louisville is much, much better than Maryland.

That's what I was thinking. Life is getting harder for the Deacs.

The SEC was kind of overrated this year. I know that's blasphemy, but it's true, and I thought it pretty much the entire season.

Louisville has a lot of talent too. Strong is building something pretty imposing there.

It would be an upset if they don't go undefeated next year with their Big East schedule. Assuming they're still there

The SEC was kind of overrated this year. I know that's blasphemy, but it's true, and I thought it pretty much the entire season.

Which is why declaring the SECCG "a play in game" is a travesty with other one loss teams just as deserving of consideration.

This is fun.

Yeah, UofF is soooo much better.

Bowl games should show the best a team has. No classes, protracted practice time, the opponent's entire season to evaluate. Why should any team be thought better than what they show in their bowl game....unless they have massive academic disqualifications or arrests.

Not at all what I was expecting tonight. This isn't even close.
And Florida is supposed to be #3?

If this keeps up, the result will be as embarassing to UF as the Clemson Orange Bowl was last year.

Which is why declaring the SECCG "a play in game" is a travesty with other one loss teams just as deserving of consideration.

Yeah, this. Oregon loses to Stanford, and somehow that loss keeps them out of the 'ship? Stanford was freaking good.

The SEC teams just steamroll sisters of the poor to the tune of 65-0, everyone ooh's and ahh's, and then they turn in mediocre performances against each other.

Thank God for that playoff thing coming down the line.

And Hogie is right to a point ... motivation is a huge part of these games. Still, it shouldn't have been that hard of a sell job for Muschamp to get his guys up for it

In my mind LSU, Alabama, TAMU, and Georgia were all pretty much equally good.

TAMU would quite possibly be gearing up for a national championship if the LaTech game hadn't been postponed.

Who is the color guy? He's tremendous. Even McDonough is learning from him.

Back