• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sugar Bowl

Only if Bama wins. If Notre Dame wins, then the current system worked out as it's supposed to.

I still don't agree with that, who's to say Oregon wouldn't beat Alabama and/or Notre Dame?

Oregon had a very close loss against a damn good Stanford team.

Plus Notre Dame had a weaker schedule than all of the top 5 teams.

Stanford sucks. They couldnt even close out ND. Give it a rest. Did you see what A&m did last night to Notre Dames other great opponent?

The PAC-12 is just total garbage. Total fucking garbage. Jesus, did you see how much trouble Stanford had with Wisconsin in their biggest bowl win in 50 years?

I watched Georgia play a pretty average game with tons of mistakes against the best team in the Big Ten and win going away with its second highest point output of the season against a FCS opponent. Then I saw the supposed wizardry of Stanford result in the most boring bowl game of the season against a pedestrian, 4-4, Wisconsin team that lost 10-7 to Oregon State.

lol Stanford had a bigger bowl win just two years ago. Also that "best team in the Big Ten" lost to Wisconsin by 39 points.

An Orange Bowl win against Va Tech isn't bigger to the folks out west than winning the Rose Bowl for the first time in (correction) 40 years.

So you agree that the Big Ten is garbage and Stanford and Georgia shouldn't be measured by it. Fine by me. I think it's fairly easy to agree that Oklahoma is way overrated, Southern Cal is garbage, Notre Dame's Big Ten and ACC wins are worthless, and that Stanford hasn't beaten anybody except Oregon (who hasn't beaten anybody).

ND, Stanford and Oregon are all basically on the same level, taking each other to OT. Alabama will destroy Notre Dame (the mighty 3 OT conquerors of Pitt) and would have beaten the shit out of the other two.

They didn't win, but Stanford was in a bigger bowl game as recently as last year -- #4 Stanford vs. #3 Oklahoma State.

Think it's dangerous to read too much into bowl outcomes. #hogiebatsignal

Back