• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

noticed that this has been fixed. good job guys!

Yeah, we made the change last week at some point. It took awhile to get the change into peoples cookies/cache but I'm liking it!

It's a little bit more server intensive, but hey, thats ok as long as you guys are happy :thumbsup:

Can we change the "posted on" icon to something a little more noticeable. The arrow is a little too subtle - at a quick glance you cant tell which threads are ones you've contributed to. Maybe a drastically different colored envelope?

Can we change the "posted on" icon to something a little more noticeable. The arrow is a little too subtle - at a quick glance you cant tell which threads are ones you've contributed to. Maybe a drastically different colored envelope?

Forest batsignal

It works for me, but I guess that might just be my browser? (Firefox)

You guys said you have some tricks up your sleeve, so this might already be covered, but I think it would be awesome to have some way to view all the available information on Wake recruits, similar to the scout database.

An easy way I think you could manage this would be to create a subforum for recruiting information, with a thread for each player. The first post would have basic information and then anyone (or maybe just superusers) could add links to new articles or their own insight.

It would get messy if everyone commented on the player threads, so you would still post the information on the sports board to get discussion going. But this way if you ever needed to reference a report or get the low down on a new recruit you'd know where to go.

This is a fantastic idea.

I have not read through this thread so I don't know if this has been suggested yet but...Is there a way to show a thread that you have posted on more clearly? I know there is the little arrow on the envelop on the left but is there a way to make it stick out more? Perhaps as simple as making the arrow black or red?

Bish has been on these new boards longer than most and I had to show him how everything worked yesterday. He didn't know about the go to first new post or about his control panel or tapatalk or anything.

Marks next to the threads the member has already commented on are nice. Easy to scroll down and see where you have been. (Sorry if someone else might have mentioned this - I didn't read all the comments).

I have not read through this thread so I don't know if this has been suggested yet but...Is there a way to show a thread that you have posted on more clearly? I know there is the little arrow on the envelop on the left but is there a way to make it stick out more? Perhaps as simple as making the arrow black or red?

+1

i don't know if that has been mentioned, but is there anyway to make the posts (and thread titles) have an alternating background color scheme like on the old boards? maybe that is an exclusive scout thing, but i just found it easier to read...

I brought this up before, but my main issue with the new boards (style/function wise) is that it seems cluttered and harder to read, especially at a glance. It may be that I'm used to scout and adaptation takes time, but I think it's harder to read over here (on the main page, not once you click on a thread)

So here's my suggestion:

Make another column on the right for "thread started by:"

This would make the thread title the only thing left justified, but keep the current row height. It will space out the titles and make it easier to read. Also have both larger, bolded titles with smaller, un-bolded authors makes things a bit cluttered.

I brought this up before, but my main issue with the new boards (style/function wise) is that it seems cluttered and harder to read, especially at a glance. It may be that I'm used to scout and adaptation takes time, but I think it's harder to read over here (on the main page, not once you click on a thread)

So here's my suggestion:

Make another column on the right for "thread started by:"

This would make the thread title the only thing left justified, but keep the current row height. It will space out the titles and make it easier to read. Also have both larger, bolded titles with smaller, un-bolded authors makes things a bit cluttered.

These kind of changes are very hard to implement.

a darker arrow on the threads I have commented on. sorry if it has been mentioned. i see the arrow, but it blends in and is hard to see.

Back