• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

Also, if you edit your post, there's no notation of it in your post. Don't like this. Too easy for people to play revisionist history.

Also, if you edit your post, there's no notation of it in your post. Don't like this. Too easy for people to play revisionist history.
This is only the case for the first few minutes after you originally made the post so someone can correct spelling errors without it saying the post has been edited.

Would still like to see the little people along the threads we post on. My old eyes can't see the little arrow.

Posted on the other board as well:

Need to be able to put a mod on the ignore list, especially if the mods here are going to post 114.08 times per day.

Note that DS allowed you to ignore anyone, even mods.

I've made this change. Ignore Marquee at your own leisure.

I'm not sure if the setting will work for admins, but we'll see.

You guys said you have some tricks up your sleeve, so this might already be covered, but I think it would be awesome to have some way to view all the available information on Wake recruits, similar to the scout database.

An easy way I think you could manage this would be to create a subforum for recruiting information, with a thread for each player. The first post would have basic information and then anyone (or maybe just superusers) could add links to new articles or their own insight.

It would get messy if everyone commented on the player threads, so you would still post the information on the sports board to get discussion going. But this way if you ever needed to reference a report or get the low down on a new recruit you'd know where to go.

Alright, I've figured out how you can set your post creation to allow copy and pasting of images in (at least w/ the firefox image toolbar I've always used).

You just need to make sure you are in the advanced editor mode, or WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). If you aren't in this by default (and I'll explain how to set it that way in a second) you can switch to this mode by clicking on the "A/A" button in the top right corner of the create post box. Once you're in that mode it should let you just copy and paste the images in.

If you want this to be on by default, then you need to go your User CP (top left on the navbar). Click on "Edit Options" in the left toolbar, and then scroll down to the bottom and select "Enhanced Interface..." from the drop down box labeled as Message Editor Interface. That should put you in that mode by default from here on out.

:werd:

Alright, I've figured out how you can set your post creation to allow copy and pasting of images in (at least w/ the firefox image toolbar I've always used).

You just need to make sure you are in the advanced editor mode, or WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). If you aren't in this by default (and I'll explain how to set it that way in a second) you can switch to this mode by clicking on the "A/A" button in the top right corner of the create post box. Once you're in that mode it should let you just copy and paste the images in.

If you want this to be on by default, then you need to go your User CP (top left on the navbar). Click on "Edit Options" in the left toolbar, and then scroll down to the bottom and select "Enhanced Interface..." from the drop down box labeled as Message Editor Interface. That should put you in that mode by default from here on out.

:werd:

Is it possible to embed live stream links like from justin.tv or other sites? There is an embed code under the video on my justin.tv channel page and I was wondering how to embed that on a post or something on here. Would be cool to have a gameday chat or something with a stream of the game embedded beside it.

Is it possible to embed live stream links like from justin.tv or other sites? There is an embed code under the video on my justin.tv channel page and I was wondering how to embed that on a post or something on here. Would be cool to have a gameday chat or something with a stream of the game embedded beside it.

That embed code (and the similar code for youtube) would require us to unlock full HTML for posts, which would open up a whole bag of security risks and is not something we want to do.

I'll look into a plugin for it similar to the one we use for youtube, but I'm not optimistic.

One suggestion - scrolling between boards faster like they have on DS where you can click that icon on the left and scroll through which forum you want....

May have already been suggested though...

One suggestion - scrolling between boards faster like they have on DS where you can click that icon on the left and scroll through which forum you want....

May have already been suggested though...

Drop down box navigation?

It's already there. Forum jump on the top navbar, or there is also a box at the bottom that does the same thing.

Back