• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

I have not read through this thread so I don't know if this has been suggested yet but...Is there a way to show a thread that you have posted on more clearly? I know there is the little arrow on the envelop on the left but is there a way to make it stick out more? Perhaps as simple as making the arrow black or red?

What about this one? Seems like an easy fix

I have not read through this thread so I don't know if this has been suggested yet but...Is there a way to show a thread that you have posted on more clearly? I know there is the little arrow on the envelop on the left but is there a way to make it stick out more? Perhaps as simple as making the arrow black or red?

Anyone?

The problem I'm having is that there is a ton of stuff going on in that one icon. It has to show whether a post has new replies, whether or not it is 'hot', and whether the user has posted in it. Not to mention if the thread gets locked.

One way I figured we could get around this would be to remove the hot/cold folders altogether and change it so that only the threads you've posted in (the ones with the arrow) have the yellow fade.

thread_new.gif
- Thread you haven't posted on
thread_dot_hot_new.gif
- Thread you have posted on

The color will make it much easier to see than if it was just the arrow. The main downside of course is that you lose the hot folder distinction.

The problem I'm having is that there is a ton of stuff going on in that one icon. It has to show whether a post has new replies, whether or not it is 'hot', and whether the user has posted in it. Not to mention if the thread gets locked.

One way I figured we could get around this would be to remove the hot/cold folders altogether and change it so that only the threads you've posted in (the ones with the arrow) have the yellow fade.

thread_new.gif
- Thread you haven't posted on
thread_dot_hot_new.gif
- Thread you have posted on

The color will make it much easier to see than if it was just the arrow. The main downside of course is that you lose the hot folder distinction.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. Want to try it like this? Or do you have any hope of coming up with something workable?

Take your time with this, I don't want to work you to death :)

Is there an option to hide all avatars/image posts? Would make it easier reading from work.

Sweet. I'll check it out. Probably should have done that first anyhow. Thanks!

You could also just use the User CP which shows all the threads you have posted in.

What'd be really sweet is if we could have multiple settings profiles that we could easily switch back and forth. Or like a "boss button" that you could click from the main forum pages that automatically changed your settings to no images and no bad language.

Probably not worth the time, though.

Back